Background template

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Putting my alphabet skillz to good use

Does anyone else think the word "skill," when pluralized, should always end in a 'z'? Me too.
Link
My wonderful pal/triplet separated at birth, Erika, recently posted this A-Z blog, and because imitation is the highest form of flattery and I think she is pretty great, it is only fitting that I copy her.

A. Age:
28

B. Bed size: Queen… I used to think we should upgrade to a king, but now I’m not so sure. Don’t get me wrong- I love having my personal space, but I don’t like feeling like I have to reach 800 yards away to get to Brian (or my blankies) when needed.

*As a side note, my parents have a very tall 4-post queen-sized bed, and for most of my childhood, I thought that "queen" and "king" referred to the height of the bed frame itself. I'm smart.

C. Chore that you hate: Cleaning the bath tub and shower- thank goodness for a helpful husband who doesn't mind these chores as much as I do :)

D. Dogs: Noah and Buster, the sweetest and most well-behaved pups in the world... and I am only sort of exaggerating.

E. Essential start to your day: Working out. I hate to admit this, because every morning when my alarm goes off, I try to come up with some kind of legitimate excuse NOT to work out. However, it makes a noticeable difference in my energy level and really does help me to start the day off on the right foot.

F. Favorite color: Red (cardinal for all of my Chi Omega sisters... hoot hoot)

G. Gold or Silver: Gold

H. Height: 5'6

I. Instruments you play: Does the Wii guitar from Guitar Hero count?

J. Job title: Corporate Recruiter- I screen resumes and interview people for a living.

K. Kids: None yet… thanks for rubbing it in!

L. Live: Outside of Houston, Texas, in a magical town called Richmond

M. Mother’s name: Betsy, but she is more commonly referred to as “Franny” now that she is grandmother extraordinaire.

N. Nicknames: A few people call me AJ, but that's about the extent of it.

O. Overnight hospital stays: None so far!

P. Pet peeves: I feel like I whine about pet peeves all the time, so I’ll just share one that has been bothering me lately: It drives me up the wall when people call me at work repeatedly without leaving a message… as in, 5+ times in a day. Or when they call, leave a message, and then call back less than 2 hours later to see if I got the first message. NEWSFLASH: You are not the only person that needs my time today.

Q. Quote from a movie: “A lot of people go to college for seven years.” “I know. They’re called doctors.” - Tommy Boy

R. Right or left handed: Right

S. Siblings: 2 sisters, 1 brother, 2 sisters-in-law, 2 brothers-in-law

U. Underwear: Hanky pankies

V. Vegetable you hate: Beets! Although in their defense, I have never actually tried one. In my defense, I have never tried a cigarette but I am confident I wouldn't like those either.

W. What makes you run late: I am known for being a stickler when it comes to punctuality, so unless it’s something major (ie: I died), running late and I don’t typically mix!

X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, finger, foot, uterus (which was SO FUN), and most recently, chest due to the great TB scare of 2011

Y. Yummy food that you make: Chocolate chip pumpkin muffins… in fact, I could go for some of those right about now.

Z. Zoo animal: Pandas for sure—this comes from the “Amanda Panda” nickname that I received off and on as a child. I had a few stuffed animal pandas as a result, but I think what you’ll find even more awesome is that one time, simply because of my great affinity for them, I hand-copied the entire entry on pandas from the encyclopedia.

The end!

5 comments:

The Blogivers said...

This post didn't have enough references to me in it.

Also, if you die, I still expect you to be on time to your funeral. (Please don't die... you can only die after me.)

Good point about beets vs. cigarettes!

Kelly said...

It did reference that Amanda has 2 sisters!!! This was fun. I may steal at some point for an upbeat post since I'm not feeling like an upbeat person lately.

Erika said...

I think that the information in "z" was the most essential 'new learning' this blog brought me. If you still have it, I'd appreciate if you'd scan in that handwritten panda encyclopedia information and share it with all the world. Thanks!!

Kaimey said...

Loved this. I may have to steal it. I think in the nickname section you forgot about Demanda and Commanda, which happen to be some of your more endearing ones.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Cleaning the bath tub is never fun - you're so lucky to have someone willing to pitch in!