Background template

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pretty soon I'll just convince someone else to write my blogs for me

Guess what... I won Camille's BlogShare contest! I'm excited to see what my prize is, but in case you weren't aware, one of the (unadvertised) prizes was that I got an automatic excuse for waiting a week to blog again. Congratulations to me!

And even more good news- my sissy did a post earlier this week that she is graciously allowing me to rip off from her, so that means that for the second post in a row, someone else is providing me with a topic so I don't have to come up with one on my own. So Camille and Allison, thank you for enabling my laziness inspiring me.

So without further delay, I give you my list of "Things." Oh, and in case you didn't already think I was a moocher, then you should know that I wasn't even motivated enough to come up with my own list... Allison did it for me. Isn't she the greatest?

Things that make me go "hmm":
Why people pluralize (and make possessive) the names of businesses... for example: calling it "Barnes & Nobles" or referring to Magnolia Cafe as "Magnolia's"

OH, and fantasy sports. But really, those make me go "ugh." :)

Things that irritate me the most during my commute home from work:
Where do I even begin? Other passengers, stoplights, trains, and annoying DJ's on the radio. So basically everything? :)

Things that I get asked often about being a twin:
"What's it like to be a twin?" I really don't know how to respond to this one, because if you'll think about it for a moment, I have no idea what it's like not to be a twin.

Things I never hear my husband say:
"I'm not hungry."

"Why would I want to watch the Aggie/Texans/Astros/Rockets/any-sports-team-even-if-it's-completely-irrelevant-to-him when Teen Mom is on tv?!"

"No, I don't think I've seen that youtube video before."

Things I will not do on a weeknight:
Stay up past 10 pm. Generally speaking, I don't like committing to any activity at all on weeknights because of the likelihood that I'll have to stay up after my bedtime. Sometimes (ie: if Mexican food is involved), I can be coerced into doing so, but generally I regret it the next morning.

Things I shouldn't say to a cop who is bald when he is getting after me and my friends who are illegally parked by a cliff:
Not that she was referencing an actual event here or anything when she came up with this one, but theoretically, if something like this did happen (while you were in high school, for example), I think it would be unwise to point out his baldness and ask him if you could touch his head.

Things I like to slam into while running:
Once again, not that this has ever happened to me, but if I had to pick something to slam into while running, it would be a fire hydrant. While running "the mile" around the middle school. In 6th grade. In front of a classroom full of cute boys.

Things that will never be found on my plate:
FISH or anything that ever lived in the ocean/lake/river/swamp

Things that make me want to punch someone in the face:
Ok yes, perhaps Allison was a little harsh in including this topic. But if I have to answer, then I'm going to go with making excuses. I know everyone says this, but I really and truly cannot stand it when people make excuses! My least favorite? "I didn't have time." Oh, that's funny, because last time I checked, you had 24 hours in your day just like the rest of us.

Oops, did that sound hostile?

Things that are stupid:
My ovaries. Oh, and my uterus.

7 comments:

Erika said...

I think a fun game is to insert the answer for your last question ("my ovaries. oh, and my uterus.") as the answer for the other questions. It works out really well for questions #1,2,8,and 9, and would be a very BAD answer for #7.

That is all.

The Blogivers said...

Ha, I like Erika's comment. And I also couldn't agree with you more on the excuses thing. I was going to write a longer comment about it, but I didn't have time.

Brittany Sciba said...

The plural thing drives me crazy too! Sonics, Targets... Don't get it! :) This post made me laugh!

Brittnie said...

Fun post... made me laugh! I may or may not have experienced a similar running incident in middle school. Oh middle school... you could not pay me enough money to go back. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! Were y'all still in Dallas in 6th grade? I don't remember that story! maybe that was when we weren't friends yet...

By "I didn't have time" people probably mean "I didn't have time to do all the other stuff I wanted/needed to do more AND that" but that wouldn't be very nice, would it? What would you rather them say?

Can't wait to see you soon!! How long will you be in Austin for the reunion? Adam goes back Monday for work, but I'm planning to stay around the rest of the week. Maybe we could go to happy hour at Chuy's and then stay up really late at barnes' and nobles'ss's? ;) jk, except happy hour early somewhere with margs.

Anonymous said...

oops, that was from me-rachel.

Courtney Squillante said...

I hate seafood too. Yuck.