Background template

Friday, September 16, 2011

I feel the need to confess that I was eating peanut butter out of the jar while I wrote this post

(Beware, dad, I'm about to use the "period" word.)

Few times in my life (ok, no times in my life) have I been so proud to share with the world that I started my period. Yes, that's right, friends- without any medication or chemical intervention, my uterus got the memo and did its job. Ok well technically, its job is to house a baby, but we're taking it one step at a time here, people.

I, for one, was impressed to see these results just 2 weeks and 3 days after starting my regular rounds of quality time with Needle Lady. My temperature actually shifted about a week before, and while I initially thought that I had actually ovulated, I think the acupuncture actually just resulted in a surge in progesterone that in turn started my period. Regardless, I don't care so much how or why it happened as much as I care about the fact that it actually happened!

So we are on the right track. I'm not sure if I mentioned it after my first appointment, but my acupuncturist asked me to give her 3 months to get my body back in working order. She said that step one was to start my period, and then try to get my hormones, etc. regulated from there. So that's what's next!

Oh, and for those that missed it on facebook, this week's food suggestions were red kidney beans, beets (YEAH RIGHT), and pomegranate. I was feeling a little guilty because I have yet to consume a single walnut or pineapple and already my list is growing. However, I am happy to report that during my trip to (the new) HEB today, I purchased a box of Dreyer's pomegranate fruit bars (popsicles) AND a can of red kidney beans for a chili recipe* we're making next week. So there's hope for me yet. Except for the beets... that is never, ever, ever going to happen.

*Yes, I realize it is still 90+ degrees outside and probably a little too early for chili, but I was bound and determined to include those red kidney beans in my diet next week, so lay off!

And on a completely unrelated (and infinitely more important) note, my wonderful father-in-law lost his job yesterday very unexpectedly. As you might recall, my in-laws relocated to Burnet (outside of Austin) just last year for him to take this job, so this was certainly a shock. We would greatly appreciate your prayers that he would find a new job soon, and that they would be well-provided for in the transition, financially and otherwise. And of course, if you know of any job opportunities in Texas for a hard-working, caring, corny-joke-telling car dealership service manager, PLEASE let me know and I would be happy to pass along his resume.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and that those of you who are also enduring this ridiculous drought get some much-needed rain. Speaking of water (nice transition, right?), the Olivers are coming in town this weekend to have baby Davis baptized at our church! And you're in luck because Allison and I are planning on putting together a joint blog post while we're together... stay tuned!

7 comments:

Erika said...

You are totally ambitious with that chili thing. Of course, if you were in GEORGIA, it would not seem so crazy since the high today was 72. !!!!!!! Yeah, it's as awesome as you might imagine. And tomorrow we might even get rain. Also, our Dairy Queens have Beet Blizzards, so you could easily knock that one out, too. (OK, they don't. I just really want you to move to Georgia and I'm desperate and I'll say anything.)

The Blogivers said...

I don't think Beet Blizzards would be able to lure you (or anyone) anywhere... that sounds all kinds of nasty! But CONGRATS on starting your period!!! Maybe this time you can tell mom, unlike when you started for the first time and didn't want to tell her.

Angela said...

Lol at "beet blizzards" and lol at Allison's comment :) yeah, we have beet blizzards here in Florida, too....specifically at the DQ right by my house! Congrats on starting your period!

(So you may be wondering why all of a sudden I'm leaving a comment when you probably think I gave up reading blogs since I haven't blogged in...a while. But rest assured I do still read/check your blog every day. Just 99.9% of the time I'm too lazy to type a comment on my phone. Ha!)

Brittnie said...

Yay! All about taking it one step at a time! :) And I don't blame you about the beets. Those things will never enter our house. Have a great weekend!

John said...

Good news! :)

Beth said...

Fantastic news! I'm so thrilled that you're getting tangible results with acupuncture. I will have to take you to this awesome lunch place in the Greenway Plaza area called Tiny Boxwood... I love their beet burger! It looks weird but tastes yummy. And they have THE best warm chocolate chip cookies!!

Leah said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!