Background template

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Update/Prayer Request

Warning: This may be the only real update I give during this cycle, so please don't be upset if I leave you hanging!
Double warning: Dad, I'm going to be using words like "ovulation" and implying that Brian and I will be trying to get pregnant, so you may want to stop reading now.

I went in for my day 12 follicle scan today, and they found one 14 mm follicle. If you ask me, for it being this early in the cycle (I usually don't ovulate until closer to day 18) and because I took the Femara on days 4-8 instead of 3-7 (meaning I didn't finish until a day later than normal), this is pretty decent!

If you ask Robot Nurse, however, this is not good news and is cause for looking at my ovaries with disdain and being as negative as possible. She told me that "it didn't look like much was happening" and then said that I need to come in on Friday for a follow-up scan. Well newsflash, Robot Nurse, but my husband and I will be on an airplane to Seattle come Friday morning (stalkers, please stay away from our house), so no can do.

I asked her if Thursday would be ok, and she said, "Sure, but it's going to be way too early to be able to tell anything." Have I thanked you lately for how upbeat and positive you are, Robot Nurse? I haven't? Oh, maybe that's because you are a joy-sucking, pessimistic robot.

Before she left the room, I once again tried to reach out to what I hoped was even an ounce of humanity in her by saying, "But really, 14 mm is not bad considering how early it is in the cycle, right?" And she responded with, "No, it's not bad... it's just not that big." Dream-crusher.

So anyway, I am choosing to remain hopeful despite her raining on my parade, and I am choosing to trust that God, once again, is more than capable of growing that follicle to be the perfect size at the perfect time. So please join us in praying that this is the case, and that almost as importantly, I will be able to prove Robot Nurse wrong at the appointment on Thursday and rub it in her face... in a godly way, of course :)

Oh, and also, I am trying really hard not to let the stress of timing issues between treatment and our trip be an issue, because I am confident that taking this trip is far more beneficial for me and for our relationship than any medicine will be! So please pray that I would continue to have that attitude and not allow the size and progression (or lack thereof) of my follicle(s) to bring me down.

Thanks, peeps!

10 comments:

Erika said...

I think that 14 is totally the one to get the job done. Robot Nurse is a moron and one day your cute kid that results from ol' 14ie is going to say BOOYAH in her face. In a totally godly way, of course.

The Blogivers said...

Shake the follicle haters!

Brittnie said...

Hi there - I will be praying for you!!! Thanks for emailing. I will write back soon! :)

Sarah said...

Lots and lots of prayers for the Joiners!!!

Kelly said...

I think that is great! Way to be positive. Robot Nurse is seriously ticking me off.

Kate said...

Lots of warm fuzzy thoughts for y'all and fingers crossed for a potential-Seattle-baby!

Beth said...

I am also confident that this is the follicle to get the job done! Hee hee. Hope you have fun and success in baby making in Seattle!

Amanda McD said...

Praying!

Josh and Jamie said...

I'll be praying for you!

Leah said...

love the note to your dad at the top. always praying!!