Background template

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Four down, 70+ to go

Hard to believe it, but today marks 4 whole years since Brian and I said, "I do."




Yep, the last one's a framer, I know.

Waaaay back on our 2nd anniversary, I shared the online version of our wedding album with you, and I have great news (as evidenced by the link)- it's still up! So feel free to join us in our trip down memory lane by going to check it out. I'm sorry to say that I don't have an online version of our wedding video, but maybe if you're lucky, I'll find a way to upload it for our 5th anniversary. Lucky you!

For very obvious reasons, our 4th year of marriage has been tough. We are thankful that, by the grace of God, infertility has not been a source of division for us. Yes, it has put a strain on our relationship at times (thank you, hormones), but I am thankful that our marriage has remained relatively unscathed, and on the contrary, has come out stronger as a result. If nothing else, I can safely say that we are better equipped than we were at this point last year to handle life's trials.

I will admit that today makes me a little sad because it marks the passing of another year with still no baby in sight. But even more so, I am thankful that today serves as a reminder that, baby or not, God has already blessed me immensely with a wonderful husband who...

... fills up my water bottle every night before bed so I don't have to the next morning.
... now works TWO jobs!
... always gives me a spoonful of his ice cream before he puts it away because he knows my fat free pudding wasn't nearly as satisfying.
... scratches the dogs' backs and puts them to bed each night.
... will do anything to make me laugh- including use Baby Dinosaur to teach me how to Dougie.
... petitions God daily to bring us a baby, and points me to that same God for comfort each time the answer is 'no.'
... still makes me mix CD's.
... gives me shots in my stomach and cleans up after my vomit without a single complaint even though I might or not might complain (loudly) if he so much as sneezes too many times in a row.

I have often said that there is nothing more humbling in life than marriage. I think that's a given in any marriage because you go from focusing almost entirely on your own needs and desires to suddenly having to consider someone else in almost every decision you make. But even more so did I find this to be true in marrying Brian, one of the most patient, unselfish, and giving people there is.

So thank you, Brian, once again for loving me despite the fact that I am easily one of the most difficult people in the world to love. The last four years have been greater than I ever could have imagined, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of our lives. Just don't forget our deal- I get to die first because I wouldn't know how to do life without you :)

Happy anniversary - I love you!

9 comments:

The Blogivers said...

Good post :)

Erika said...

Excellent post. I love the pictures and also I would like a bite of your wedding cake, thanks.

Here's to a Year 5 beyond your wildest dreams!! :)

Beth said...

Happy anniversary! I believe it's time to update "Brian and Amanda are newlyweds..."

Courtney Squillante said...

Happy anniversary!! What a beautiful post! I tell Anthony the same thing- that I get to die first- so he has to be the sad one and not me!!! Ha! Hope y'all have fun this weekend!

Kaimey said...

Happy anniversary!! Such a sweet post!

Brittany Sciba said...

Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple and our wonderful friends! Love y'all! Can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year!

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! You are too cute - love the post!

Brian Joiner said...

Thank you to the woman who puts up with me every day! Like I said on Facebook, you are beautiful, wonderful talented and funny, and I thank God for you every day :)

Leah said...

I like that the only label on this post is "infertility." Okay I don't "like" it, but it's funny. :)

Happy Anniversary!