Background template

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So long, Oregon trail

Apparently all is not lost, because according to my chest x-ray yesterday, I do NOT have tuberculosis. The doctor that I visited for the test, however, seems to think there is still a chance that my latent TB (not contagious, FYI) could eventually turn into active TB, and is therefore not "clearing" me officially.

For the record, there is also a chance that I will give up on turkey sandwiches or start enjoying 100+ degree weather, but if you ask me, neither scenario is likely.

So instead of congratulating me and sending me on my merry way, the nurse that called me this morning referred me to an infectious disease doctor. First of all, am I the only person that didn't realize such a doctor existed? Second, how terrible would it be to have to hang out in a waiting room at such a place? And third, no. I'm not much of a gambler, but I'm going to sit tight and hope that the odds are in my favor, at least until after we've met our lofty goal of procreating.

I am, however, going to request a new placement for the Junior League. From what I understand, the odds of latent TB developing into active TB are pretty slim UNLESS you happen to have a compromised immune system. So my logic would lead me to believe that spending concentrated amounts of time in hospitals and or pediatricians' offices is probably not a great idea.

So anyway, let's consider that hurdle cleared for the time being. And now we can get back to one of my favorite activities: wondering if/when I will ovulate. It was nice to have a break and concentrate on another medical issue for a few days though, wasn't it?

And speaking of distractions, I don't think I mentioned that Brian and I have booked an anniversary trip to Seattle in August! I have spent the last couple of weeks researching and itinerizing (yep, just made that one up), and it actually has been the perfect distraction! The only problem is that, as a result, the trip is more or less already planned and we still have another 6 or so weeks before we're actually going. Such is the life of an over-planner.

I think that's all for now. You probably won't believe this, but I currently have ZERO doctor appointments scheduled at the moment (ok, other than my dental check-up in September), so I honestly don't know what I'll have to talk about for the foreseeable future. Oh, right, I still need to talk about the book (Hannah's Hope, for those that are interested), but I will save that for the next post. Bye for now!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yea for your anny trip!!!

Katie & Dave said...

Yippe no active TB! I know what you mean about the infectious disease stuff. When B was in the hospital he was admitted to the infectious disease floor and it totally freaked me out so I get that. Seattle will be awesome : ) I've never been and that's a place on my list!

Alisha said...

What a blessing that you're OK! Good luck on the continuing baby makin' :) And congrats on your anniversary trip! Seattle is gorgeous this time of year!!

xoxo

Erika said...

Well, I am slightly disappointed that you don't have TB. Then you could have been "Amanda, my friend with TB." Alas. A trip to Seattle sounds super fun!! I've never been to the Northwest.

The Blogivers said...

Thanks for mentioning how helpful I was in your planning efforts! I want a divorce.

Risa said...

Ahhh, Seattle is the BEST!!! You will love it!!! And what a perfect time to go. And, YAY for no TB!!

Steve said...

Hey Blogiver! I didn't get mentioned either! But, that's ok. She has an infectious disease, so we have to overlook some of the things she does.

Leah said...

So glad for no TB. :)

Gina Manifesta said...

Grrrrreat news about Seattle! Oh, and the TB thing. FYI, Seattle is only a 20 hour drive from me... can you swing by for some coffee?

Kelly said...

Good news! I want to go to Seattle at some point. That is all for now.

Liz said...

SO glad to hear you do not have TB! And yay for visiting Seattle - my bestie lives there and we are planning on going in October. Can't wait to hear about your trip and get input/ideas on where to go!