Background template

Monday, November 30, 2009

Post-Turkey Day thoughts

So I wrote a blog post recapping Thanksgiving and somehow managed to delete it before I published it. Suffice it to say that we ate (especially Brian… whose intake of Thanksgiving dinner portions was so excessive that he considered forcing himself to vomit), we drove (gotta love that 2-family shuffle that becomes a regular occurrence once you get married!), and we shopped (I came out of the weekend with 4 new pairs of shoes, so I would say it was a success). Oh, and we also joined Austin's elderly to view a Manheim Steamroller concert. Refer to Allison's recap here if you're interested.

And now it’s back to the daily grind—I’m trying hard to pretend that the Monday that comes after a holiday weekend is not the worst thing in the world, but let’s all be honest with each other and admit that it is. Not that waking up at 5:15 am and dragging myself unwillingly out of bed in order to spend 9 hours staring at a computer screen isn’t a blast, because it totally is. But it just serves such a stark contrast to the Thanksgiving break that it seems like it should be used as some form of torture for death row inmates. That’s all.

Oh, and I wanted to mention something funny I heard on the radio this morning. They were talking about the success of the new Twilight movie… and while I was tempted to change the station (I prefer to read stories about people that eat food, not their friends’ necks), I stayed put. So they were saying that apparently the characters in it have inspired viewers to strive for that same near-death look that they sport in the movie, and as a result, they have doubled the recent sales of the pale shades of makeup foundation in stores that aren’t normally as popular.

Well I am proud to say that, believe it or not, I have been sporting that trend for years now! Unfortunately, it’s not so much because I am hip and cool (as demonstrated by the fact that I just used the word “hip”), but rather it's because my skin pigment more closely resembles that of Casper the Ghost than that of a normal human being.

Regardless, if any of you Twilight-lovers need tips on how to look pasty and washed out, then you know who to call!

Have a great Monday, peeps!

1 comment:

The Blogivers said...

Excuse me, but wouldn't you agree that I have that look down even better than you??