Background template

Thursday, November 5, 2009

BREAKING NEWS, EVERYONE!

Ok this is not breaking news if (a) you are my friend on facebook and happened to read my status last night or (b) you are a member of the DQ Blizzard Fan Club. But for the rest of you, let me be the first to tell you that November’s BOTM is the Tagalong Blizzard! That’s right, they are bringing back the Tagalong Blizzard (most recently featured in July 2009), and you better believe I am going to be consuming one in the very near future.

And not only that, but as an elite Fan Club member, they also sent me another buy-one-get-one-free coupon. The obvious use of this coupon would be to go to DQ with Brian so that we could each get one and only have to pay for one. But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to just use the coupon myself and eat 2 of them at one time. Don’t judge me—Tagalong Blizzards don’t come around every day... or every month for that matter. And considering the way my local DQ usually operates, I will be lucky if I even get one at all.

In order to earn things like DQ blizzards and copious amounts of leftover Halloween candy, I diligently made the excursion to the YMCA today. And I was actually feeling pretty good about myself for getting in both cardio AND weights in one day… until I glanced over at the weight machine next to me and saw that an elderly man equipped with an OXYGEN TANK was lifting twice the amount of weight that I was. Awesome.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if this old man happened to one up me last night as well by staying up later than me, because I most definitely got in bed at 8:30 pm. But don’t worry—I stayed up watching “Say Yes to the Dress” until 9 pm, so apparently I’m not totally ready for retirement yet.

Ok that’s all for now. I’m off to slap on a pair of Depends and soak my dentures. Later, peeps!

2 comments:

The Blogivers said...

I would like one Tagalong Blizzard delivered to me at the office before 1:00pm, please. Thank you.

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

At least you work out- none of my clothes fit and I choose to do nothing other than complain about it. If only that burned calories.