So it's Friday afternoon, and while most of you are still at work (oops, am I rubbing my half-day Friday schedule in?), I am proud to report that I am sitting on the couch and doing absolutely NOTHING. Well... nothing other than blogging.
Our friends, Bryan and Kristen, are getting hitched tonight (hooray!), and as Brian is a groomsman, he is currently tied up with important pre-wedding activities, ie: eating at Larry's. Therefore, I am left to my own devices, and because re-runs of Wife Swap and Full House can only keep me entertained for so long, here I am. If tonight's wedding attendees are lucky, I may even add showering to my busy Friday afternoon agenda.
Being that it is the end of a long week, my brain has turned to mush, and therefore I have come up with a list of disjointed thoughts for your reading pleasure:
1. If you haven't heard of the "Hamster Dance" song (by the Hit Co.), you need to get on iTunes and download it immediately. Just be warned that shortly thereafter, you will want to take a hammer to your head.
One of Brian's favorite perks about being a Youth Minister is the privilege of getting to control the music played on youth group trips. They are taking a LONG road trip to Florida for a conference/retreat next week, so as tradition dictates, he created a new cd consisting of 19 of the most irritating songs he could come up with. And because he was so kind to play it for me, I now have the "Hamster Dance" permanently stuck in my head. Just passing along the favor.
2. I ate my weight in pasta last night. No lie. We went to Bryan & Kristen's Rehearsal Dinner at Sweetwater Country Club, and I consumed a plate of pasta that was seriously bigger than my face... before then inhaling a second plate full of chicken parmesan, salad, and garlic bread. Let's not forget the fact that I then proceeded to eat off of Brian's plate. Or the fact that I also had dessert(s). And to answer your question, no, I am not pregnant. I'm just a firm believer that carbs can solve the world's problems.
3. Brian and I are about to celebrate TWO years of wedded bliss! A month or so ago, in a moment of budgetary panic, I declared that we shouldn't do presents this year. A few days later, I compulsively bought Brian a present, only to come home and declare that he still wasn't allowed to get me anything because I didn't want him spending the money. How's that for putting a husband between a rock and a hard place?
4. I dated a big loser in high school. For 2.5 years. Ok I know it's mean to call him a loser, but isn't that what you're supposed to say about your high school boyfriend? And besides, I think anyone who knew him would agree. Anyway, I have often thought (especially recently when I lightly delved into discussing high school on here) it would be amusing to share stories about our train wreck of a relationship with you all, but realized that (a) Brian probably doesn't have any interest in reading about boys from my past on my blog and (b) you all might not be as amused as I would with a basic plot line of "I dated this jerk who cheated on me and made me cry a lot and then we broke up."
But I will just tell you that for my 16th birthday, he gave me a polka tape and matching t-shirts for Allison and me that said, "Is it just me, or do I look a lot like her?" (Except the printing company messed up so it said "do I I look a lot like her?") Really sweet and thoughtful, I know.
And because I feel kind of guilty for being so harsh, I will at least make sure to mention his redeeming factor: He worked at TCBY, so I got a lot of free yogurt.
5. I don't think I actually have anything else to say, except that I haven't showered in approximately 36 hours and I think I'm starting to smell. My mom would be so proud that I not only committed this horrible act, but also admitted it to the internet.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!