Background template

Monday, July 6, 2009

God bless America... land of peanut buttery ice cream treats

Fear not, my friends, for Dairy Queen has fallen back into my good graces. As indicated in my last post, I only thought it would be fair to give DQ a second chance after they tried to ruin my life by robbing me of the new Tagalong Blizzard. So on Friday night, we hit up DQ with Allison and Wade and were relieved to find that, unlike in Rosenberg, Austin follows the Blizzard-of-the-month protocol and did indeed have the Tagalong Blizzard in stock.

And let me tell you, people—it was amazing. I will warn you that this is not the blizzard for people who don’t like peanut butter. But if you don’t like peanut butter, I probably don’t even want you reading my blog, so I’m not sure why I even bothered warning you. The Tagalong Blizzard was indeed peanut buttery, and I enjoyed every bite. Brian was nice enough to share one with me because maybe I’m alone here, but 2 full blizzards in a 24-hour period seems a little excessive to me. Anyway, let it suffice to say that the Tagalong Blizzard did not disappoint, and I highly recommend that you race to DQ immediately to try one.

The rest of our trip to Austin was equally enjoyable, minus the multiple occasions where I cursed the heat and insisted that we move to Colorado as soon as possible. I did happen to forget my makeup on this trip, but thankfully Allison and my mom were kind enough to let me borrow theirs. But now that I think about it, not wearing makeup in 104 degree heat probably wouldn’t have been such a big deal. It actually might have been a wise decision, but it’s too late now.

But on that note, makeup is probably one of the number one things I do not want to forget when traveling. It’s not that I wear a lot by any means (just enough to distinguish myself from Casper), but it’s much easier to get by without a toothbrush or deodorant than it is makeup. And I say this because those are easy and cheap to buy, not because I don’t highly value hygiene. Makeup, on the other hand, is expensive to replace, and especially if it’s only for a 2-day stint at home in Austin. And I have now devoted way too much text to makeup.

We had the pleasure of going out to lunch with the Olivers and Duncans at Hula Hut on the 4th of July. If you have never been there, you need to go. And you need to eat the Chicken Pipeline Enchilada. And you need to be brave and eat the whole thing rather than wimp out and share one with your husband... not that I am speaking from experience. But seriously, it is one of the tastiest things you will ever put in your mouth.

We also got to spend some quality time with our friends, the Liechtys, for the majority of the 4th, so that was fun times. They recently moved back to Texas after a 4-year stay in Atlanta (has it already been 4 years since we graduated from college?! Eek!) so we were excited to catch up and hang out with their 2 cute little ones, Hannah and Mary Kate.

Ok that’s enough re-capping for one post. I hope you all had a very happy 4th and that unlike yours truly, you aren't still feeling like a zombie on this lovely Monday afternoon.

PS- Here's a fun fact for you that I just remembered: One year for Halloween in college, Brian dressed up as Burger King and I dressed up as Dairy Queen. Sounds like foreshadowing of my future obsession to me...

4 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I ate an entire pipeline enchilada just two weeks ago

*kimmie* said...

The chicken pipeline is my favorite! Mom and I always split it, I love that they bring you separate plates!

Lorne said...

The next time we hang out, I'd like to have a direct mention in the blog rather than just being included in "the Liechtys".

Maybe something along the lines of "the Liechtys (lead by #1 Dad, Lorne)".

Angela said...

I saw a commercial last night for the DQ blizzard of the month and I thought of you. It looked really, really good! I may have to force Dustin to take me out for one soon.