No, these are not townie fun facts, so I apologize if I got your hopes up. And actually these are more like tidbits than fun facts, but the term “tidbits” sounds too much like cat food.
1. Brian and I were not yet married in the new header picture (above)… I kind of feel like it would be dishonest not to disclose this information when the phrase “a glimpse into the life of your favorite NEWLYWEDS” is written underneath it. I feel much better now that I have that off my chest.
2. Brian is gone this week, and I have made absolutely zero plans while he’s away. And I am actually pretty excited to be able to eat at home and go to bed early every night… I’m aware that I sound like a boring loser. If the shoe fits…?
3. Let’s see how many facts I can begin with the word “Brian.” Oops. Only two.
4. Kristen and Bryan’s wedding was wonderful, and a good time was had by all! Brian and I spent the majority of the evening dancing (ok, we did some eating as well), and I’m crossing my fingers that some of our amazing dance moves make the final wedding video cut.
5. The other highlight of my weekend was eating at Freebirds. A solid attempt at ruining it, however, was made by the incredibly irritating man that sat 3 feet from us and proceeded to SMOKE (we were outside) throughout our meal. Mmm, nothing makes a burrito tastier than the smell of cigarette smoke.
6. I have really been hating on Houston lately… not so much on my blog or in public, but more so at home. Poor Brian has had to hear a lot about it, with my top complaints being (a) the heat, (b) the distance between our house and EVERYTHING, and (c) the heat. Also, I have a grudge against the fact that Houston people have a grudge against Dallas people. Dallas has many wonderful qualities, my friends, not the least of which being that it is the place of my birth.
7. I am expecting Disc 1 of Season 2 of Dawson’s Creek to be waiting in my mailbox* when I get home today, and I am really excited about it. *We don’t actually have a mailbox… we have a mail “slot” in our door, so the mail sits on the floor. Regardless, I’m still excited.