Background template

Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Disappointed" would be an understatement

Disappointment of the century: we drove to Dairy Queen tonight with the intention of having blizzards for dinner... because what else do you eat for dinner after eating a huge Mexican meal at lunch? So after a trip to Wal-mart (might as well make it a townie night, right?), we drove to the DQ.

The first clue that something was awry was when we did NOT see a Tagalong Blizzard of the Month sign on the window where the BOTM is normally featured. Nonetheless, we drove onward. We pulled up to the window and Brian asked if they had the Tagalong Blizzard. Her response? "No... not yet. But we'll probably have it tomorrow."

Ok thanks, that helps me out a great deal right now while I'm sitting in your drive-thru lane ordering my "dinner."

So I settled on a Reese's blizzard, and while it was delicious as always, I couldn't help but leave feeling (a) somewhat enraged with our crappy excuse for a Dairy Queen and (b) justified in going out for another blizzard outing in Austin this weekend. That's totally reasonable... right?!

And PS- I might or might not have written a comment to the Blizzard Fan Club President letting him know about my disappointment... looks like Allison's confrontational tactics with Starbucks are rubbing off on me!

2 comments:

The Blogivers said...

Yeah! Stick it to the man! And can I have a free one if you get any coupons? :)

Leah said...

HAHA! I can't believe you wrote them a letter. You must have been really distraught.