Background template

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pardon me while I interrupt your afternoon with a few boring thoughts

So since all of you were dying to know, yes, I am indeed surviving week # 1 of being ditched. In fact, I’d say that I’m doing better than surviving considering that I was able to watch Sweet Home Alabama on tv last night all the way through without anyone interrupting to switch the channel to ESPN. There have been a few moments of staying-home-alone panic (ie: when the house settles at night and I lay there paralyzed with the fear that someone is breaking in to abduct me), but for the most part, I have been very brave. In fact, I even went to the Y yesterday by myself! Granted, I decided to drive rather than walk (it’s essentially 200 yards from our house), but still, I went alone.

So far I have managed to have plans every night, so I haven’t even gotten the chance to watch my first Dawson’s Creek DVD yet. But don’t worry, the week isn’t over yet, and I assure you that I will at least make it to the episode where Joey decides to compete in the town’s pageant and Dawson finally realizes that she is not a guy. And of course she responds melodramatically by essentially saying, “It’s about time that you noticed, and by the way, I don’t want to wear makeup anymore.” And then she grew up and married Tom Cruise. The end. If you need any other parts of the series summarized, please let me know.

Also, in case you hadn’t noticed, it is HOT outside. And when I say hot, I mean to say that I am shocked that the laws of nature allow me to get in my car after work without melting into a puddle on the ground. Yesterday I walked outside for approximately 3 minutes around 4:15 pm, and spent the rest of the night trying to cool back down. So I guess going to the Y yesterday morning was less because of my desire to be brave and more because of my desire not to burst into flames as a result of running outside for 30 minutes. Either way.

And anyway, I honestly don’t have much else to say right now other than that I am tired. And although I am functioning just fine without Brian, I would really like him to come home. And if he could come home carrying a carton of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, that would be nice too.

Stay cool, peeps… literally and figuratively.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't had to kill any cockroaches yet, so please cross your fingers that my luck continues until Brian gets home on Saturday. Thanks and gig 'em.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

my first week of being ditched has thus far included Sweet Home Alabama, hot cars, and unfortunately, a mammoth cockroach....

The Blogivers said...

Just for the record, there is nothing wrong with eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream all by yourself.

Angela said...

Hey! I saw that Sweet Home Alabama was on TV the other night on USA! I was actually pretty upset about it, though, because it was playing during the time that House should have been on. Glad you've escaped the cockroaches thus far!

jennifer said...

A week's not that bad -- you should count your lucky stars.

Jane said...

Glad you haven't encountered any ridiculous bugs. :) Hope the week goes by fast for you! Its never easy being alone if you're not used to it, regardless of if its 1 week or 1 year. I'm on week 6 of 16 weeks ... hope this week goes by fast for me to! :)