Background template

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yes, it’s most definitely time to move.

Warning: Again, if your name is Brittany Sciba, and/or if you fear creepy crawlies that FLY, do not continue reading. Consider yourselves warned… again!

So I had another e-mail from Brian waiting for me when I got to work this morning. The subject line was titled: “Harmless.” I had actually requested that Brian send this picture to me this time, so fortunately it wasn’t a great surprise like the spider e-mail. Nonetheless, I find the subject that he chose for the e-mail to be highly debatable.

You see, here is the picture that was in today’s e-mail:
You might not be able to see it very well because it’s not a very good picture, but that is, in fact, the world’s most gigantic moth. Seriously, it's like 4 inches wide. I happened to notice it when I was walking through the living room last night, although at first glance, I was certain that it had to be a small mammal. Please raise your hand if you had ANY idea that moths could be this huge, because I sure didn’t.

Once Brian got home, I told him very urgently that he needed to take a look at the creature, assuming that he, too, would run screaming for his life. He was unimpressed to say the least, and very reluctant when I asked him to photograph it for proof because he simply didn’t see the excitement or shock value in what he considered a "harmless" moth.

You see, I have never been a fan of moths. In fact, if you read the guest post that Allison wrote about me a few months ago, you’ll recall that she even included this fact in her list of 10 things you may or may not know about me (refer to # 3). Call me irrational, but moths legitimately frighten me. I think it’s the fact that they can fly, and the fact that they make such quick, sudden movements. And unlike butterflies, they are ugly. Especially this one.

Anyway, the moth was still there this morning, lurking and waiting to attack me and eat my flesh at any moment. Or circle around the porch light, either way. Regardless, when I told Brian that I wanted the moth to go away, he informed me that a moth is the danger equivalent to a butterfly. I then informed him that I think a moth is the danger equivalent to a vampire. You be the judge.

I think I’m going to implement a 3 strikes rule… we have had one tarantula spotting and one ginormous moth sighting all in a week—one more and I am packing my bags, people!

4 comments:

The Blogivers said...

This is the moth... I stole Brian's cell phone from the tarantula and I just wanted to let you know that I am now in the bed with him and the roach, waiting to eat your flesh when you go to sleep. Sweet dreams!

Risa Holland said...

That thing is HUGE. Harmless or not, I would not want it near my house. And it could be harmful to your sweaters...ha!

Stacey said...

I was just going to say, Moths are clothing vampires...and Allison, you're making my sides hurt. :oD

Bonnie said...

Ah! That thing is huge! Do not pass go...call Terminix right away!