Background template

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nutty results revealed

So apparently you all, for the most part, also have strong feelings about nuts. And pickles.

While I appreciate all the input about pickles, I am going to consider your opinions null and void on that topic, because, HELLO, did you see the picture of the pickle I posted yesterday? They are a disgrace to all things edible, and in my opinion, should be banished from the earth.

Several of you were neutral about the nuts, and by neutral, I mean totally unhelpful. My food convictions might be unusual, but at least they are firm. So I will give you wishy-washy readers your own category. Although technically, if you are ok with having nuts in dessert, then you are pro-nuts. Anyway, here are the results:

Anti-nuts in dessert: 8*
Pro-nuts in dessert: 0
Afraid of committing/ok with either: 4

*Lorne’s comment leads me to categorize him as anti-nuts, but feel free to read his comment and judge for yourself.

So there you have it, readers, ANTI-NUTS are the winners… and rightfully so!

As far as my thoughts on the matter (as if you hadn’t figured it out yet), well, I think Risa put it best:

“NO NUTS!!! They ruin all desserts!!”

My thoughts exactly! I think most (sane) people would agree that a chocolate chip cookie or chocolate brownie is perfectly delicious all on its own. They need no help from the nut family to enhance the taste or texture. And please do not ruin my brownie sundae by sprinkling nuts on it. Ever.

And while we are discussing desserts, I have to say that very rarely do I think it’s ok to put fruit in a dessert. I realize I am likely the minority in this one, especially because my husband is an apple pie/peach cobbler loving fool, but that’s just how I feel. And especially when it comes to ice cream or yogurt toppings… people who choose strawberries over chocolate chips, or better yet REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, are, in my opinion, questionably insane.

But in all seriousness, I don’t mean to offend any of you or your eating habits. I am in no place to point fingers considering I dislike sea food and all fruits excluding apples, bananas, and grapes. Oh, and I also don’t like regular yogurt (as opposed to frozen yogurt). I would rather drink out of a toilet than consume yogurt.

Feel free to share your other opinions on food!

2 comments:

The Blogivers said...

But would you rather drink out of a public toilet than eat "regular" yogurt...?

Angela said...

You are very strange about the yogurt thing. Very, very strange. And I am with your husband in that I love apple pie and such. It is my favorite.