Background template

Friday, March 27, 2009

Is there no justice?!

Ok so if you don’t watch this season of American Idol, then you will not be interested in this post. Unless you are interested in reading about someone getting overly worked up about a reality tv show? But feel free to read on anyway! If you watched the show on Wednesday, I think you’ll all agree that Scott (the blind one), Megan Joy (the tatted up girl that shimmies around the microphone), and Michael (the offshore oil rig worker) did not exactly do a stellar job. And in my personal opinion, Megan’s performance was the worst, with Scott’s in a close second behind her. Michael’s performance, while not terribly original, was at least enjoyable to listen to.

And yet we now find ourselves going into the final 9 (I think?) without Michael. I certainly don’t think he had a chance of winning the competition, but getting kicked out before Scott? Really? And I know that Megan has a lot of fans, but I have to tell you that listening/watching her perform almost makes me wish that I had been born with no eyes or ears. Hearing/watching her is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Is that harsh?

So anyway, while we were watching the show on Wednesday night, Brian and I were speculating who would get the boot the following evening. We both agreed that Scott has the weakest voice in the group and has consistently had sub-par reviews. But then Brian said something that pretty much sums up last night’s vote: “Never underestimate people’s pity for handicapped people or their love for pretty people.” And, my friends, that is exactly what we discovered last night.

Yes, I think it is great that Scott has made it this far, and I will agree that he is a somewhat talented singer. But I will go ahead and declare that I think the main reason he has made it this far is because people are taking pity on him. Which, in my opinion, is ridiculous. And I also think that Megan’s looks have a lot more to do with her advancement in the competition than her voice. Which, let’s be honest, is pretty typically how the world operates, but still, I was hoping they would focus more on her extremely irritating manner of dancing around the microphone and have the sense to get rid of her.

Ok I’m over it, I promise. But if Scott makes it past next week, then I just might have to give Ryan Seacrest a call and let him know what’s up.

Happy Friday, everyone!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm with ya...& what was with Matt being in the bottom TWO???? thats crazy.

Stacey said...

Ha...I agree...I like Megan, but she isn't singing the right songs...if she would pick the right ones, it would be much better. She and a lot of others, that have been in the competition, aren't very versatile.

I agree, totally, about Scott. He's a nice guy, but he just isn't that great. It IS a pity party and I really think that even he wouldn't want to be chosen for that reason. Kudos to Simon for treating him like the others, with all honesty.

Alexis was good too and she picked the wrong song for her. Which didn't help, but she was WAY better than Scott.

Anonymous said...

You need to discuss this with Mom. She watches religiously.

jill :)