Background template

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I have a very important question.

Should desserts (brownies, cookies, cakes, etc.) have nuts in them? Please share your thoughts, because I have a very firm opinion on this one, and I’m interested to see if I’m in the majority or the minority.

I thought about also finding out whether more of my readers like or dislike pickles, but because I hate pickles with such a fiery passion, I decided that I don’t really care if other people like them or not. And if you are curious as to why I don’t like pickles, please just take a look at one:

Sick. Sick. Sick.

Anyway, back onto the real topic of conversation here: nuts in dessert, or no nuts in dessert?

14 comments:

The Blogivers said...

I like desserts with or without nuts - the nuts don't take anything away from the taste for me, so does that make me pro-nuts? :)

brian joiner said...

I am anti-nuts

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

no to nuts
YES to pickles

Lorne said...

For peanuts. Against all other nuts. And really, peanuts only belong in special situations like a banana split.

Kristen said...

NO NUTS!!!!

But I loooooove pickles!!!

*kimmie* said...

I like nuts, not in desserts. I love pickles despite the horror of that picture. And no pickles in desserts, please.

Stacey said...

I love nuts, but it depends on the dessert and my mood. Love Rocky Road ice cream...and brownies with nuts. Peanut Brittle...yum

I only like Klausen Pickles...they are the refrigerated pickles back there with the luncheon meat in the store.

Risa Holland said...

NO NUTS!!! They ruin all desserts!!

And NO pickles! Yuck!!

2 topics I am very passionate about!

Sean and Stephanie said...

I am indifferent about nuts in most desserts probably because I devour the dessert before actually tasting it ;).

Hattie and I are both pro pickles and most pickled items, actually. How can you go wrong with salt and vinegar goodness?

Angela said...

I hate nuts in desserts! Just the other day I bit into a little brownie and it was full of disgusting little hard pieces of nuts. And I really don't like it when people put them in desserts and then don't say anything. I always want to be like, "What if I had a peanut allergy?!?" They are just overall a most unwelcome ingredient in desserts.

I like pickles :)

Leah G said...

No nuts, unless the dessert it peanut brittle, or some sort of toffee/caramel delight where you'd expect it... but cookies? brownies? ice cream? no thank you.

Bonnie said...

NO NUTS!!! Blech. What about you?

Colleen Pate said...

No nuts. Nuts just ruin the pure, yummy chocolate taste in most desserts. However I have been known to eat Pecan Pie at Thanksgiving.

Gary and Allison said...

NO NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!