Background template

Monday, March 30, 2009

Eating my words

Ok some of you may remember this post where I declared my love for return address labels. I believe some of you even agreed and expressed that you had the same affinity for these “gifts” which so often come in the mail after you have donated to a charity or organization.

Well I’m not sure if one of you thought it would be funny to pull a joke on me and send my contact information to every. single. charity. in. the. entire. world, but somehow they all have our address and will NOT stop sending us address labels. I am not kidding, people, we have probably received a new batch of return address labels every other week or so for the past couple of months. And for some reason, the majority of them have a patriotic theme? So in case we need to do a mass mail-out for Memorial Day or the 4th of July, we should be all set.

I really have no idea how all of these people got our information, but we are hearing from groups supporting everything from cancer research to the Olympics. And hello, Olympics? I’m sorry, but I have a feeling you are coming up with funding just fine on your own, thank you, and I see no need to send you money. Nonetheless, I will still keep the free address labels. Even if they are the 5th set that we have received that happens to be covered in American flags.

Anyway, don’t get me wrong, I still love the labels. But considering Brian and I aren’t planning on still living in this house in oh, say, 800 years, I don’t think we are going to be needing this many. Thanks anyway, National Center for (Fill-in-the-blank) Research, but I think we’ll pass on any future mail-outs.

Does that count as an official opt-out request?

4 comments:

The Blogivers said...

I really wish I could take credit for this...

*kimmie* said...

I was about to say the same thing. I definitely wasn't the one to sign you up for this, but wish I had been clever enough to take the credit. Hilarious. =)

Stacey said...

Ha...you too? ...and don't forget the insurance companies. Mine sends new ones out every year.

Sean and Stephanie said...

oh, you can offer to throw Hattie's 3rd birthday party at your house and then do the invites, too. She's a 4th of July baby.

I am so happy to help you use your labels!

You're welcome ;).