Background template

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A change of heart

Ok, I will admit that, given my disdain for the moth in my last post, today’s post might surprise you a little bit. But it seems that poor Mothy (as we have affectionately named him/her) has died, and I am a little bummed.

He spread his wings one morning (he was actually kind of pretty, in a dirt brown kind of way), and that evening we found him next to the window on the ground. We noticed he was moving a bit, but not much. Brian then remembered that the pest control guy came out just last week, and thought maybe poor Mothy had been exposed to the bug spray. He scooted Mothy near the bushes, a little farther from the window, in hopes that he would regain his strength and fly away.

But sadly when we left for church this morning, we checked on Mothy and found that he was not responsive. We are still holding out hope that he will overcome, but things aren’t looking good.

Mothy, I can’t say we ever would have become friends, but I’m still sorry to see you go. RIP, my friend.

4 comments:

*kimmie* said...

RIP Dear Mothy.

As for the tarantula... I hope it's rotting in the ground somewhere. For your sake of course... =)

Kelly and Andrew said...

it's funny how you've become fond of him/her/it!

The Blogivers said...

Poor Mothy :( Do we need to have a funeral? Perhaps some cupcakes?

Bonnie said...

Aw! Poor moth. Let's all have a moment of silence.