Background template

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday afternoon ramblings

So guess who came across my path again this morning… ok who am I kidding, you will never guess. It is highly unlikely that any of you actually remember this post, but the very same woman with the Chevy Cavalier—pink stuffed animals in tow—happened to be in front of me during part of my morning drive! What a treat! I should point out that I noticed something about her bumper sticker that I didn’t notice before… it actually said “git-‘er-dun” instead of “git-‘er-done.” It’s an important distinction to point out, because if you are going to slaughter the first two words in the phrase, you might as well go for all three. Regardless, it was nice to see a familiar face on the road this morning.

And speaking of faces (impressive segue right there), someone sent me a picture of Rihanna’s post-Chris-Brown-asault face today. I tried to find it online but didn’t have any luck, but she does indeed look pretty beaten up! I also heard a rumor that he bit her, and my question is this—did they get into a fight, or did he develop a case of rabies? Seriously, who bites people after the age of 5? I am admittedly having trouble jamming out to “With You” or “No Air” now without feeling like I am supporting an abusive thug… and abusive thug with a potential case of rabies at that.

On a more positive note, last night’s episode of The Biggest Loser was much more enjoyable without Joelle’s presence. I will say, however, that I am a little tired of Tara. She started out being my favorite, but now I think she has gotten a little bit cocky. And I think that her uncontrollable sobbing in reaction to Blaine or Dane leaving was a tad on the melodramatic side. But if someone made me work out for several hours a day and deprived me of DQ blizzards and other vital necessities for weeks at a time, I would probably be a little emotional as well.

You might also be interested to know that I got a new pair of glasses today. I am fairly certain that they are almost identical to the pair I got freshman year of college, which says a lot about how much I have matured in my taste since then. My old pair’s prescription was apparently really outdated (no, it’s not the same pair from freshman year), and the eye doctor seemed fairly amazed (read: troubled and disturbed) that I had been operating a motor vehicle at night while wearing them on a semi-regular basis. Oops.

And that’s all I’ve got for today. Meanwhile, I’m going to get back to trying to figure out what surprise Brian has in store for me for Valentine’s Day. He told me I’m not allowed to look at his bank account between now and then (me? snooping? no way!), so do I have any volunteers to go look for me? :)

3 comments:

Leah G said...

This was thoroughly entertaining. Thank you. I laughed out loud. :)

The Blogivers said...

Ditto Oliver about Tara - and if I were Dane or Blaine's wife, I would probably have felt a wee bit uncomfortable watching that scene... and then sent her anonymous hate mail.

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Please send me the picture of Rhiannas face