Background template

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Not sure I'll be adding that to my list of things to try

So in typical Texas fashion, the temperature yesterday- in February, mind you- made it up to 80 degrees. And of course, also in typical Texas fashion, today it is now 30 degrees cooler than it was yesterday, but that's not the point. Because the weather was warming up and the sun was staying out, Chill Out, our favorite local snow cone spot, decided it was time to open up shop.

Now you should know something about my husband- he is addicted to snow cones. As in, I think he would probably prefer to eat one for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the year's warmer months rather than eat normal meals. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good vanilla/cherry snow cone every now and again, but I can't handle them with quite the same frequency that he can.

Well as we were returning from our afternoon o' errands yesterday, we just so happened to pass by Chill Out and I suggested, because I am a loving and gracious wife, that we stop by and have our first snow cone of 2009. So we did just that. And while perusing the menu, we noticed something a tad unusual. Take a look and let me know if you can figure out what struck us as a little abnormal:

Did you figure it out yet? I'll give you a hint- it's a flavor that has been added on in marker.

In case you are blind, you might not have noticed it, but there is definitely a flavor on there called "Thug Passion." I have so many questions. WHO orders a Thug Passion snow cone? And what flavors are involved in this snow cone- blood, dirt, and bullets? And how was this particular flavor in such high demand that it warranted being added on to the existing menu?

And this, my friends, is why I love Richmond, Texas.

8 comments:

The Blogivers said...

I don't like snow cones (or SNO cones, for that matter), but I'd be willing to try a Thug Passion.

Leah G said...

I was a little curious about the "leche" flavor. Who orders a milk flavored sno-cone?

*Kimmie* said...

Sno Cones are an official food group. However, only near Houston would you find a flavor with thug anywhere in the title...

Angela said...

Nice. So...did you find out what was in it? I don't like these stories that leave you hanging!

Stacey said...

OUCH! I live in Houston.

Sue Davis said...

I MUST know what's in that!!

The Joiners said...

Ok, I PROMISE that next time I go back to Chill Out, I will ask what's in the Thug Passion snow cone. I will be sure to report back!

Alexis said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjL8w7p1Xc

you might want to skip the intro...but what a jam. i heaaaaard it's the bomb and you got it goin on give me some of you thug passion baby.

i think you need to bump this out of the jetta as you roll up to purchase it