Background template

Friday, February 27, 2009

Newsflash

Listen up, readers. Our size-small Dairy Queen Blizzards last night cost 60 cents less than they normally do. All I’m saying is that if this is the effect of a crumbling economy, then I am ok with the crumbling economy. Is that selfish?

OK WHOA AND AN EVEN BIGGER NEWSFLASH: I was just talking to two of my co-workers and fidgeting with my badge as I normally do. So as I was pulling it around on its string, I decided to bite down on it with my teeth. Why? I have no idea. But all I know is that I instantly became aware that just 2 short weeks ago that thing was in a public toilet. Sick. Sick. Sick.

And anyway, Brian and I have a pretty low-key weekend ahead of us, and so obviously I didn’t find it necessary to shower this morning. I just didn’t see the point in going to the effort of washing and drying my hair when the highlight of my day will likely be washing the dogs, getting Brian’s car inspected, or a trip to HEB. Yes, you read that right—HEB and not Wal-mart. We decided that we can only expose ourselves to so much Wal-mart filth before it begins to endanger our health, so we are taking a break this week. Instead we will be trekking it an extra 10 minutes to a grocery store that actually includes twisty ties for the produce bags. And one where you don’t leave feeling like you need to take a bath in rubbing alcohol to make yourself clean once again. Which is perfect considering my previously determined decision not to shower today!

Tonight will probably be a romantic evening consisting of eating leftovers and watching our latest Netflix movie, which is actually how probably 90% of all other married couples will also be spending their Friday evening, so I don’t feel too bad about the lack of excitement. Tomorrow we will be having lunch with some friends and then taking Brian’s parents out to dinner at Pappasito’s. I can assure you that mass quantities of chips will be consumed, and my pants will not likely fit the same when I’m done, but I’m ok with that.

I’m sorry that I didn’t have much to say about The Biggest Loser this week, by the way. I think we can all agree upon the following: Bob was being a tad overdramatic, Tara (or Tah-ra, if you ask Jillian) is most definitely on steroids, and Ron, though very desperately in need of ridding himself of his 3 stomachs, needs to get the boot ASAP. And as long as we’re talking about reality TV, let me just tell you that if I never have to see Megan Corkrey’s hip-shaking dance again on American Idol, it will be too soon. Seriously, so irritating.

Ok that’s all for now. I’m hoping tomorrow’s lunch (possibly a picnic?) with our friends will give me something townie to discuss. I’ll keep you posted. Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Leah G said...

I agree. Wal-Mart is terribly disgusting. Yuck.

The Blogivers said...

Did your switch to HEB have anything to do with the used Dora the Explorer band-aid that I found on my medicine at the Walmart by your house last week...?

Sue Davis said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels like they NEED to shower after leaving Wal-Mart. My family thinks I'm a snob for feeling that way. I'm okay with that.