Background template

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm considering gaining 200 pounds just to be included

Watch out, because The Biggest Loser is coming to Houston for auditions in a couple of weeks. First of all, can you really call it an audition? What kind of talents and skills do you have to display during such an audition where the main basis for being on the show is being morbidly obese? I guess they find some obese people to be more entertaining for tv purposes than others.

However, I will say that I’m glad they hold “auditions” rather than asking people to nominate their friends for the show. Because if people take offense to being nominated for What Not to Wear, then I have a feeling people really wouldn't appreciate being nominated for TBL. Maybe they should allow anonymous nominations? I’ll make sure to write to the producers and suggest that.

We are experiencing some rare, beautiful weather here in the Houston area today. In order to fully enjoy this weather, I am staring longingly out of my cubicle window and stuffing my face with dark chocolate peanut M&Ms. Nothing gets you ready for swimsuit weather quite like these 2 activities when performed at the same time, let me tell you. The good news is that the only people (other than Brian) that see me in a swimsuit are the random passers-by that happen to cruise through the alley behind our house during one of my tanning sessions in the bed of Brian’s truck. Classy, I know.

On an unrelated but far more important note, the Olivers are coming in town to see us this weekend! We are always excited to have them visit because it means we have someone to go shopping with me and someone to sit around watching tv/playing video games with Brian. PLUS they are bringing Rocky, so Noah and Buster will be pumped to have another partner in crime to romp around with. However, last time he visited, “romping” consisted mainly of Buster and Noah pouncing on the little guy while he hovered, terrified, in the corner of the yard under some bushes. Our pups are loveable, but certainly not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Anyway, the main reason they are coming to visit is because Brian is going to be giving the sermon at church on Sunday! We are really excited about this, and although I am debatably more nervous than he is, I know he is going to do a great job. So here is where I officially request your prayers for Brian as he prepares for his talk… and prayers for me to stop bothering him about it. He loves me, I promise! :)

Other activities for the weekend will include eating, shopping, walking, and undoubtedly a few rounds of Guitar Hero in between. Now doesn’t that make you want to come visit? We have an extra bedroom, by the way, and if you ignore the fact that a roach has been spotted in the guest bed on not one but TWO separate occasions, then I'd say our house is a pretty ideal place to visit :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

The Blogivers said...

Looking forward to the food, shopping, fun, AND the dead roach! P.S. Will you nominate me for TBL?

Bonnie said...

Oh maybe I should go audition! :0

The Joiners said...

You shush, Bonnie!! I will have no such talk on my blog :)

shannon said...

someone else will be visiting this weekend, as well...