Background template

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Buster-versary!

Yes, that’s right. It has been exactly one year since we first brought that poor little dumpster doggie home with us. So that means it’s been exactly one year since we have been clinically insane. True though this may be, we have loved having Buster as part of the family and wouldn’t trade our time with him for anything. And that’s a fact.

Just a quick trip down memory lane with/a few of my favorite things about Buster: the time he stayed put in the backyard when Noah broke free and ran away for a night, the time he played tug-of-war with Noah over the dead squirrel, the time(s) he barfed in the backseat of Brian’s truck, all of his incessant licking, and his constant need for attention.

On the Girl Scout cookie front, I am proud to report that we have one box down and three to go. Thanks to my addiction to peanut butter, the Peanut Butter Patties (aka: Tag-alongs) were polished off this morning when I packed 2 of the 3 remaining cookies in my lunch, and gave the 3rd to Brian as a breakfast appetizer. Normally, we would only have the Thin Mints and Samoas left, but some very gracious friends bestowed a box of Do-si-do’s (peanut butter sandwiches) on us, so now we are left with 3 boxes to consume. I’m not sure why the media is spending so much time talking about wars and our crumbling economy when CLEARLY I have a cookie-consumption issue going on. Tough life.

Brian’s youth group is holding its annual Pancake Dinner tonight and I’m pretty pumped about that. I think it might technically be called a Pancake Supper, but I refuse to use the word “supper” unless quoting Leave it to Beaver or Little House on the Prairie. Brian will once again be participating in the pancake-eating contest, and seeing that his biggest competition currently consists of a handful of first and second graders, I have a feeling he might pull off another win. I know you’ll be on the edge of your seats waiting for the results, so I’ll be sure to fill you in.

And for those of you who were wondering about my daddy-o, he is scheduled to check out of the hospital today and come back home, so that is good news! Basically he had a bunch of things going on with his colon that I’m fairly certain you are not interested in hearing about, but just know that he will be a-ok.

And lastly, I realized recently that I have very much been neglecting townie updates. We seem to have somehow acquired lives in the last several months, therefore taking away from the time we once had to pursue our townie quest. However, I pledge here and now to make townie-hood more of a priority, both in our lives, and in this blog. I will say that Allison and I took a little trip to Seaborne Park in Rosenberg for our morning walk on Saturday. This is the same park where Brian and I once encountered a feral pig, but sadly, Allison and I made no wild animal sightings.

And at long last, here is the latest townie fun fact:

The average travel time to work for workers age 16+ in Fort Bend County is 32.3 minutes (as of 2007). That means that those of us living and working in Fort Bend County spend an average of 62.6 minutes in the car every day… which means that in a year (50 work weeks), the average person in Fort Bend County spends 15,650 minutes (or 260+) hours in the car.

If you are my extremely fortunate husband, however, you spend approximately 2000 minutes (or 33 hours) walking to work each year. Must be nice, huh?

7 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I wish I could walk to work! Actually, maybe I dont

Brian Joiner said...

those elementary school kids are going down! and walking to work is great!

Allison said...

I so enjoy reading your post's, and see that you are much better at life updates than I. You must teach me!
I would love to walk to work, or perhaps ride a bike.

The Blogivers said...

Tripper, come to supper!

The Blogivers said...

Tripper, come to supper!

The Blogivers said...

Tripper, come to supper!

themanhattantransfer said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Of course you have a blog Amanda, how did I not know this?! It is adorable!

Thanks for de-lurking, you never know who is reading your blog until they just tell you, or in your case, comment on something;). It looks like you guys are doing well, and just for the record, you might have a hard time with some of the initials because some of those girls have gotten married since you last saw them!