Background template

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Things that make you go hmm…

Yesterday someone asked me how to pronounce my last name. I’m not sure if that person had forgotten my last name and that was his polite way of asking what it was, or if he suddenly forgot the rules of pronunciation for the English language, but personally, “Joiner” doesn’t strike me as very phonetically complex.

Did anyone else watch TBL last night? And if so, was anyone else really confused as to how Jerry (the grandpa) lost 25 pounds in one week? Did he do anything besides go to the hospital? Don’t get me wrong, the old couple is definitely my favorite so far, but I was just baffled. Brian thinks the hospital scale (where he weighed in separately from the group) might have been rigged. But then again, he also accused a couple of the groups of being up to “shenanigans” that resulted in inflated weight loss. Apparently we need to take this show a little less seriously.

In case you don’t live around these parts, you might not have been experiencing the weather’s severe mood swings as of late… but I’m pretty sure I was comfortably walking around in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops on Saturday, and then left the house today wearing a jacket, scarf, and gloves (among other things). But don’t worry, it’s supposed to get back up to 78 degrees tomorrow. I think I am going to have a talk with the weather about the importance of consistency. And about my inability to deal with change, especially on such a frequent basis.

And I think that’s about it for my deep thoughts for the day. Hope the weather where you are is as nice as it is where I am… for now anyway!

1 comment:

The Blogivers said...

I'm glad you clarified that you weren't wearing ONLY a jacket, scarf, and gloves...