Background template

Friday, January 9, 2009

On the road again...

Sometimes I feel like my life is a never-ending series of weekend trips to Austin. For a while I blamed these trips on wedding-planning, but the wedding is over a year behind us, so I have had to come up with new excuses. Having my twin sissy and her husband move back to Austin along with the seemingly ceaseless births of children brought on by my baby factory of an older sister really haven’t helped matters much.

If we could just scrape enough cash together for a private jet, I think it would make the travel a little more bearable. In the meantime, we’re just going to have to suck it up, buckle in, and try to enjoy the ride. Fortunately for Brian, he has a very chatty wife, so at least we are never lacking in conversation topics. Unfortunately for Brian, however, he also married a major backseat driver. I’m not this way with other people (well, except maybe with Allison, but that’s another story), but something about riding shot gun in my own car while watching someone else simultaneously endanger my vehicle and my life just brings out the control freak in me. Let’s just say that I have been known to mutter under my breath that a certain someone in the driver’s seat needs to get a refund for the driver’s ed class he allegedly passed in high school. And maybe “mutter under my breath” is a bit of an understatement…

But anyway, we are very excited to go to Austin this weekend to meet the newest member of the Nelson clan—little baby Sayers. And yes, I will be sure to take my camera and behave as the paparazzi for all of the Wheeler children. Emma is sadly at an age where she doesn’t like to ham it up for the camera like she used to, but fortunately Brown is more than willing to smile on command, and Sayers is too young to stop me, so I’ll be sure to come out of the weekend with a picture or two.

I don’t have much else exciting to share with you, except for the fact that Brian is ditching me for work not once, but TWICE next week. So feel free to send your pity my way. Or feel free to come clean my house and do the grocery-shopping for me. Either one is fine. :o)

2 comments:

Sean and Stephanie said...

YAY! Congrats on becoming an aunt again, and I hope y'all have a safe trip this weekend.

And I'll come clean your house if you come watch my kids :).

Hopefully see you at bible study Monday? Or is that a night that Brian will be home?

The Blogivers said...

Remember how rude you used to be to me about the way I turned on the turn signal???