Background template

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good thing I'm literate

My loyal WHS friend, Kimmie, tagged me, and because I have no entertaining stories to tell you about the Y (update: my machine was open today, since you were all dying to know), I figured I'd give it a shot!

[1] Grab the nearest book.

[2] Open to page 56.

[3] Find the 5th sentence.

[4] Post the text of the next 2-5 sentences and these rules.

[5] Pick the closest book (not the favorite, cool, or intellectual).

[6] Tag 5 peeps!

(So I'm assuming that my wedding album doesn't count, considering it is lacking in one important item for this tag: text.)


"It is the apostle Paul. . . . The apostle who was bound only by the will of God is now in chains- stuck in a dingy house- attached to a Roman officer. He is writing a letter. No doubt it is a complaint letter to God. No doubt it is a list of grievances. . . . He has every reason to be bitter and complain. But he doesn't. Instead he writes a letter that two thousand years later is still known as the treatise on joy - Philippians. Why don't you spend some time with it?"

Grace for the Moment, Max Lucado

This great little one-year devotional book lives on one of our coffee tables, and as I am currently hanging out in our living room, it is the closest one to me. So there you go! I believe someone (Katie, was that you?) gave it to me as a gift when I went off to college, and in fact, I think I will pull it back off the coffee table and have Brian go through it with me this year. So thanks for the motivation, Kimmie!

I tag (sticking with the WHS theme):

Fight the team across the field, show them that Westlake's here...

3 comments:

Susan said...

Looks good; I saw this site with some useful info on Coffee Tables. Hope it helps...

Leah said...

haha. nice westlake shout out.

*Kimmie* said...

Good thing I'm apparently illiterate... I have 6 picture books near me and not a single adult book. =)