Background template

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Double whammy

A word to the wise: If you ever want to feel poor, unfashionable, and ugly, arrange for a J Crew catalogue and a Pottery Barn catalogue to arrive at your house the very same day. Make sure to read them while wearing mis-matching pajamas and stuffing your face with tortilla chips while impatiently waiting for dinner to be ready.

The real kicker is that I never requested EITHER of these catalogues to be sent to me- I apparently made purchases at both stores at some point and they have continued to plague me ever since. Don't get me wrong, I think both stores are great, just a tad on the pricey side for this newlywed.

J Crew, to answer your question, NO, I am not willing to spend $100 for ballet flats. Pottery Barn, to answer your question, YES, I would be very willing to spend in excess of $1,000 (yes, seriously) for that cute sofa ("sofette"?!), but I'm afraid it's not going to happen. Better luck finding another sucker to give in to your overpriced goods!

No comments: