Background template

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Because there's no one like '01, baby

It is no secret that I was fond of my high school days and have been known to reminisce about them a time or two. Brian used to tell me I was obsessed with high school and still wanted to be in it, but I think that was really only because (a)I was working with high schoolers at the time (and therefore adapting their behavior)… and (b) I was still watching Dawson’s Creek for 2 hours every day. So sue me. :)

Anyway, a friend from work found this “high school” tag and passed it along to me, so I thought I would give it a shot. Feel free to copy and do the same!

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes. There were a few someones, but the main someone was for about 2.5 years. 2.5 years that I will never get back, sadly!
2. What kind of car did you drive? Red Jeep Grand Cherokee—I shared it with Allison… and as with most of my possessions, I use the term “shared” very loosely.
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? Yes indeedy
4. Were you a party animal? Yes, if a party animal is someone who occasionally participated in renegade dance parties in the high school parking lot?
5. Were you considered a flirt? Ha I had my moments… and Mary Locker always accused me of “ditzy driving” whenever boys were in the car.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None of the above
7. Were you a nerd? Well I was smart, but I don’t think I was lumped in with the nerds.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? Yes—soccer. And I was a captain, so boo-yah.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, but I did get called to the principal’s office for wearing a shirt with a “plunging neck-line”…!!!!!
10. Can you still sing the fight song? OF COURSE. "Fight the team across the field, show them that Westlake’s here… send the earth reverberating with a mighty cheer (GO WESTLAKE!)…" ok I’ll stop there.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I really think I liked all of my teachers, but I guess my 2 favorites were Coach Anderson (soccer) and Mr. Lassiter (Teen Teaching)
12. Where did you sit during lunch? On the right side of the cafeteria until senior year (off-campus lunch… so hardcore)
13. What is your school's full name? Westlake High School
14. School mascot and colors? Chaparrals; red, white, and blue
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Yes, all 4 years, although it wasn't an actual semi-formal dance until junior year- 9th (David), 10th (David), 11th (Eric), 12th (Jeremy)
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Nope… had fun while it lasted but I’m glad to be who and where I am today!
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Getting in a physical fight with Allison on the way home from Project Graduation in the wee hours of the morning!
18. Where did you go senior skip day? I don’t think we had a senior skip day, but I can pretty much guarantee that I wouldn’t have attended even if there was one.
19. Were you in any clubs? Yes- I was co-secretary of the Community Service Club, are you impressed?
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Well I did after college, but I think I am actually back to the same size I was senior year. Thanks to off-campus lunch, I'm pretty sure I gained my "freshman 15" as a high school senior instead of a college freshman.
21. Who was your prom date? 11th (Danny) and 12th (Jay)- I actually really liked prom both years, which is more than a lot of people can say!
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Yes! And I will drag Brian with me, of course.
23. Did you have a job while in high school? Yes… being awesome.

Ready, set, copy!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love this post! I want to copy/paste but have some seriously embarrassing answers. :( (the driver's test.)

The Blogivers said...

You forgot to mention that the physical fight was becuase I won a computer and you wouldn't help me carry it out to the car... jerk :)