Background template

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Because I don’t feel like coming up with transitions between unrelated topics today

Buster and Noah reached an important milestone this past weekend—they attended their very first puppy play date! We had a bring-your-own-dog lunch at our friends, the Higgins’, house along with our newly engaged friends, the soon-to-be Cruikshanks, and in total, there were 5 doggies present. We all watched the furball frenzy nervously, hoping that our dog(s) wouldn’t be the first to destroy any property or inflict bodily harm on the other dogs. Fortunately, the dogs all behaved very well, and aside from Buster’s incessant barking and Noah’s need to “mark his territory” repeatedly in the Higgins’ backyard, they did nothing to embarrass us. And also fortunately, Buster did not vomit in the car. Amen to that.

Have you all seen that Weight Watchers commercial that has been playing lately with the little orange fuzzy guy named Hungry? I think I have a crush on him. And I think Brian might as well, because last night he became rather indignant when the woman in the commercial smashed Hungry in the copy machine. And on that note, I also think the stack of dollar bills that follows people around on the new GEICO commercials is pretty cute… doesn’t take much to pull me in, huh?

I really don’t have much to say about last night’s episode of The Biggest Loser. I will say, however, that Tara is really hardcore. At first I was impressed and thought she was really motivated, but now I am starting to question whether or not she is on steroids. Also, I hope David knows that he totally blew it for Daniel. I’m glad Daniel still managed to lose weight at home, but STILL. Talk about putting a strain on the friendship. And I also wanted to say that I was a little let down by the “football challenge”… there really wasn’t very much football to it. They could have used ping pong balls, or beach balls, or ham sandwiches for that matter and accomplished the same task.

I went to College Station for work this week AND I ate at Shake’s. This really doesn’t need an explanation, because if you went to A&M, you are already jealous.

I am totally a fan of the arctic blast that came through last night, but kind of upset that I don’t live in an area where winter weather advisories were an issue. (A) I wouldn’t have minded work being cancelled and (B) I kind of think extreme weather and/or natural disasters are exciting. That’s right, I enjoyed hunkering down and waiting for Hurricane Ike, and when I was younger and lived in Dallas, I used to secretly hope that the local tornado sirens would go off. So of COURSE I was hoping for some icy roads this morning, but no luck.

And that is all for the day. Now we will return to your regularly scheduled programming. Or reading. Or whatever.

5 comments:

Angela said...

I love the little Geico money stack and I love the music they play at the end of those commercials. Dustin, on the other hand, thinks they are dumb.

The Blogivers said...

So when Rocky came to visit, it wasn't considered a play date? :( I think they were playing... and the game was called, "let's pick on the wittle guy until he hides in the bushes!"

*Kimmie* said...

I'm so glad you mentioned Shake's! I have a coworker who just retired back down to College Station and I was trying to mention the place based on your blogs. She definitely kept saying Marble Slab against me insisting that you would not make such a big deal of a "chain" ice cream shop!

Bonnie said...

I just want to pick "Hungry" up and cuddle him. So the Weight Watcher commercials are not doing their job.

Leah G said...

Matt LOVES weather drama, too! He secretly wanted hurricane Ike to come towards Austin. I think he would chase tornadoes if he wasn't married. I am going to CS this weekend!! Maybe I will get some Shakes!!! Yea!