Background template

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Taking a break

As you might already know, I have been on vacation from work (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for the past 2 weeks. Not sure if you can sense my excitement or not, but I’m pretty pumped about it. As expected, it has been very relaxing and much needed. I do fear, however, that my newfound sense of laziness is going to have a very startling slap in the face next week when I have to go back to work. I don’t want to think about it, so I’m going to pretend it’s not going to happen.

I have been using this vacation time to take a break from many things—waking up at 5 am, working out every morning, eating responsibly, using my brain, and getting dressed before 4 pm to name a few. Brian has also been on vacation so we have had a great deal of togetherness lately. Amazingly, we have only exchanged a few cross words (shocking, I know), and have managed to enjoy each other’s company most of the time… although sometimes “enjoying each other’s company” has meant that he is in one room playing video games and I’m in the other playing on facebook, but hey, it’s still quality time, right?

Tomorrow we are headed to La Grange to spend Christmas Eve and the first part of Christmas with Brian’s family. I foresee a lot of eating and game-playing during that time... maybe I will make up for my horrible display of Scrabble skills (I don’t think I can really even fairly refer to them as “skills”) during Thanksgiving, but probably not. Even though I think of myself as being a fairly verbal person, for some reason when I play word games, I can never come up with anything bigger than “dog” or “it.” And in case you forgot how most word games work, 2 and 3 letter words don’t usually lead to a big win. Anyway, we are going to spend the second half of Christmas day with my family in Austin, and then we’ll be heading back to Richmond on Saturday. Austin will likely bring a comparable amount of eating, but exchange movie-watching for game-playing. Good times will be had by all.

I should mention, by the way, that next week is only a 2.5-day work week because of New Year’s Eve/Day, so I guess there are worse ways to ease back in to a regular working schedule. We are planning on ringing in the new year with our wonderful friends, Brittany and Chris (shout out to the Scibas!), and then spend the long weekend being lazy again. I could get used to that. And guess what… my cute (I’m assuming) little nephew, Sayers, will be arriving the following week! Hard to believe that he’s almost here—can’t wait to see how Emma and Brown “welcome” him into the family.

Anyway, it’s time to get back to watching the 4th hour of the Today Show… my how this makes me miss unemployment. Hope that you all have a VERY merry Christmas!

And by the way, Kimmie is having a give-away over at her blog, and while I have no desire for you to win, I do want to make sure you have the chance to enter. So head on over to Living in Dallas and Loving it! and check-check-check it out. Much love, peeps!

No comments: