Background template

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frosty the... Sleet Man?

So apparently Texas is taking this whole "winter" memo very seriously for a change. The forecast for Austin for tomorrow includes snow flurries. Houston's forecast, however, calls for sleet. How special. Austin might get pretty white snowflakes while we get frozen grey rain masses (that's a technical weather term). Sounds fair, right? No.

The scene from my cubicle window right now looks eerily like the scene during Hurricane Ike. That's comforting. Unfortunately I don't think this little cold front is going to result in any days of work being cancelled. But it's also probably not likely to knock out power for days on end or sweep people into the ocean, so I guess I can get over it :).

We have a fairly full week ahead, one which includes several Christmas-related events that involve, first and foremost, food. I'm not complaining, but all I'm saying is that I hope Brian doesn't mind temporarily being married to a giant marshmallow, because that's what happens when someone really pale gets "fluffy" (that's my mom's nice word for "fat"). We are also going to be celebrating Shannon's (Brian's sister) 20th birthday! 20 years old! That is crazy... and to think when I met her she was a wee 15-year-old high school freshman. Props to you on growing older, Shanny Shannon!

We are also busy getting geared up for our upcoming trip to Washington DC! I went to Half Price Books today and bought a previously owned (sounds better than "used"... or "soiled," which is one of my favorite terms ever) copy of a DC travel guide, so I think I am officially prepared. Now all I have to do is pack. And clean the house before we leave. And do some laundry. And charge my camera battery. And get something to occupy the dogs so that they don't eat away part of our house. And get some cash at the bank. And set a timer on the Christmas lights. And make sure that our DVR is set to film the finale of The Biggest Loser while we're away. And can anyone else tell that I am obsessing? I know, I know... shocking.

I really don't have anything witty or entertaining to share with you at the moment, so instead I'm going to keep it brief (gasp) and put a link to my sissy's latest blog here for you to read. Enjoy reading about what it's like to have a former womb-mate!

4 comments:

*Kimmie* said...

Have fun in DC! I absolutely loved it when Mom and I went after senior year!

The Blogivers said...

Thanks for the linkage ;)

Bonnie said...

I guess I must be fluffy. Really fluffy. LOL

The Armstrong Family said...

Glad you are enjoying the cold weather. ...And your fluffy comment is hilarious. I don't think you will ever look like a marshmallow!