Background template

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A series of unrelated thoughts

I apologize in advance for the lack of cohesion in today’s post. :o)

I had a realization recently that 2 of my favorite things share the same initials: California Pizza Kitchen and Cabbage Patch Kids. Coincidence? I think not. My favorite meal at California Pizza Kitchen? The Waldorf Chicken Salad. My favorite Cabbage Patch Kid? I never owned this doll, but rumor was that there was one named Amanda Jane (which, for those of you who don’t know, is my middle name as well!).

A good way not to make friends (as observed on my way to work this morning): cruise on the freeway during rush hour going 20 miles under the speed limit… with your collection of pink stuffed animals proudly displayed in your back window and a “git ‘er done” sticker on your bumper. What does that even mean? Get what done? And who puts a “git ‘er done” sticker on the back of a Chevrolet Cavalier?

Today is a significant day in history indeed… 10 years ago today, I got my braces off! Don’t ask why I remember these things, I just do. And in case you were wondering, Allison got her braces off that day as well. We got them on and off at the same time… because that’s how identical twins roll. Except I was always adventurous and would get different colored braces… ie: red and green during Christmas. Allison played it safe and ALWAYS got the silver ones. I think it’s pretty clear who the boring twin is :o).

We get it, Barack Obama is black. Can the media please move on to a new topic now? Thanks. It is great that the USA has taken this step forward, etc. etc., but don't you think that the more they harp on his race, the less of a step forward it really is? (This is by no means meant to be a controversial statement, by the way… it just seems that it’s all they are talking about on the news now! How about let’s discuss his credentials instead? Or his lucky number? Or his favorite breakfast food? Just anything else, please.)

We celebrated Buster’s pretend birthday on Halloween! And by celebrate, I mean that we left town and abandoned him and Noah. Poor guy. But nonetheless, his loving Aunt Allison and Uncle Wade got him a cute chew toy as a gift. He slept peacefully with it the first 2 nights, chewed one of its legs off the 3rd night, and the 4th night (last night) apparently tried to consume some of the chew toy and vomited twice in his kennel. What a fun sight/smell to wake up to, right?

And that's about all I have for today! I realize I have been slacking on townie updates lately, so I will make sure to incorporate them into my next post in some way. Until then, have a good one!

7 comments:

Brian Joiner said...

I would like to say that if I had a chevy cavalier, I would would have decorated it the same way. AND i cleaned up the buster vomit, just fyi

The Armstrong Family said...

MH and I got our braces on the same day...but I got mine off FIRST. She was not a happy camper about that!
Happy late birthday, Buster!

The Blogivers said...

Haha poor Buster Rhymes! Sorry to contribute to the vomit. And as for the braces, at least I didn't look like I always had different colored pieces of food glued to my teeth...

Angela said...

THANK YOU! I said the same exact thing yesterday about the media announcing over and over and over again that we (and by "we" I mean not me)have elected our first African American president. On every single news station. Seriously, if there is someone somewhere who doesn't know about it by now they're probably never going to figure it out, so I think it's safe to say that we can stop talking about it now!

Some of our friends bought Zipper a cute little toy, too, and he has proceeded to chew the legs off of it and eat the fluffy white nastiness inside. He also tore up a little pink stuffed mouse that I bought for Baggie when she was a baby. She didn't care anything about the toy, but it was still sad for me to see it lying there all mangled and disembodied and gutted. But then he looks up with me with his precious little eyes and I can't help but forgive him.

*Kimmie* said...

Happy Birthday Buster! =)

Sean and Stephanie said...

I LOVE California Pizza Kitchen, so we have one more thing in common! But my fave thing on the menu is the bbq chicken salad.

Kelly and Andrew said...

i used to get different colored rubber bands on my braces too. C.O.O.L.