Background template

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

If this doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

I’m not sure which one is more exciting to me: this or this. Either way, both are great news. Granted, I don’t think I will be taking Ben & Jerry’s up on their offer… Halloween wasn’t exactly good for my effort to avoid obesity, so I figure I should steer clear of ice cream for a bit, even if this day does come only once every 4 years. Nonetheless, I encourage all of you to (a) vote, and (b) go to Ben & Jerry’s. And try the chocolate fudge brownie (frozen yogurt or ice cream)… you won’t be sorry. And if ice cream isn’t your thing, word on the street is that Starbucks and Krispy Kreme are also in on the freebie action, so feel free to stop by one of those instead.

And about Grey’s Anatomy, I think it’s safe to say that we are all ready for this shady story-line to come to a halt. In fact, I think it’s safe to say we were all ready for that before it even got started. Besides, Dr. Hahn talks like Kermit the Frog and the whole crying scene that we were all forced to endure last week was as painful for the viewers as it was for Callie O’Malley. And now I’m going to stop advertising my addiction to trashy tv shows.

And because I have nothing exciting to blog about (other than the same old, same old about the election), I’m going to share with you a few things I am really looking forward to in the coming months:

1. FINALLY getting to see High School Musical 3. I think I’m going to try and convince Brian to see it with me this weekend. He’s a lucky guy, I know.

2. CHRISTMAS. Yes, it’s in exactly 51 days for those of you who are counting! I don’t care that the stores already had their decorations up before Halloween was even over—in fact, if I had it my way, decorations would be up in August, and it would be permissible to listen to Christmas music year-round.

3. Oh, and Thanksgiving too. That’s a good one.

4. The arrival of my newest nephew, Sayers Wheeler, on January 7, 2009… or at least that’s when his c-section is scheduled to take place! I’m not sure that it’s possible for a child to be cuter than Emma or Brown, but I’m sure he will give it his best effort.

5. A trip to Washington D.C. Brian and I are headed there for a vacation the week before Christmas! We are going to visit a few friends and enjoy a real winter (one that doesn't involve weather conducive to wearing flip-flops) while doing very tourist-y things. This will be our first “big” trip together since our honeymoon!

That should suffice for now. And again, if you didn’t already vote, make sure that you do. I’m a very firm believer that if you don’t exercise your right to vote, then you lose your right to complain. Happy election day to you all!

... and feel free to join me in saying a little prayer that we will be seeing lots of RED on that map tonight! :o)

4 comments:

Risa Holland said...

Yay for red! And yay for that story-line being over!!!!

Bonnie said...

Go RED! Oh and I heard about the free coffee at Starbucks, too. Unless they are giving away free White Chocolate Mochas, I'm not interested. (Besides, we voted early.)

Anonymous said...

At least you get to o to Washington before the transfer of power:) (at least I would be excited, I guess I shouldn't assume you will be)

The Joiners said...

Yes, I'm excited to go while George W. is still around :)