Background template

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have LBS.

Yes, that’s right. I have Lumpy Butt Syndrome. I am wearing a new pair of pants today, and little did I know before I left the house that the pockets on the rear give me a lumpy butt! Tell me something, ladies: when in your life have you ever used the back pocket for anything on a pair of FITTED work pants? It just seems really silly to me that they are even there, but maybe that’s just me.

I also have a confession today: I abandoned my turkey sandwich-fruit-chips lunch today and rebelliously went out to eat instead. I packed my lunch and brought it with me and everything, but about an hour before lunch time, I just wasn’t feeling it. So what did I do? I e-mailed my husband and conned him into joining me for lunch at Cupcake Café. Actually, my exact words were, “Let’s go to Pappasitos/Cupcake Café/anywhere that isn’t turkeysandwich-ville.” Sometimes turkeysandwich-ville is just not going to cut it. And let me say that we made a wise decision, as Cupcake Café was delicious as always. We shared the pesto pollo sandwich and ginormous yellow cake cupcake with fudge icing. And so what if I’m still full 4 hours later? It was well worth it.

Also, Brian deserves a special shout out today. He drove to Beaumont yesterday to meet up with another Youth Minister friend and didn’t get home until 1:15 in the am from his visit. Despite his late night and full day of driving, he still woke up at 5:10 (4 hours of sleep later) to go to the YMCA with me! I’m guessing his work-out today wasn’t the best he’s ever had, but I appreciated him coming with me nonetheless.

So that’s about all that my lumpy butt and I have to say today. I am pretty pumped to watch The Biggest Loser tonight after last week’s big upset. More thoughts on that later. Adios!

4 comments:

brian joiner said...

woohoo for workouts on little sleep!

Kelly and Andrew said...

i have a pair of lumpy butt pants. it stinks because you have to iron the inside of your pants to get those pockets to lay down!

Angela said...

I have a pair of pants like that -- that I have to iron down the pockets. I always put my cell phone in my back pocket when I walk around my office...because I have an irrational phobia of being away from my phone for more than 3 and a half seconds. I mean -- what if I were to miss a call?!?

Mary Helen said...

I don't understand back pockets on women's pants either! I usually have them taken out if they are there because I don't want any extra padding back there, if you know what I mean :)