Background template

Thursday, October 16, 2008

They should have warned me on the label.

I have a problem. My newly purchased hairspray smells like my dad’s deodorant. Don’t get me wrong, my dad always (ok usually) smells very nice, but I don’t exactly leave the house each day with a deep desire to smell like my dad’s armpits. I think you can probably understand why not.

I am completely responsible for this poor purchase, as I deliberately chose the cheapest hairspray I could find. And when I say cheap, I’m talking 98 cents. I didn’t even spend a full dollar on it (well, before tax anyway). So in reality, I probably shouldn’t be complaining that my less-than-a-buck “White Rain” hairspray smells more like white butt. Forgive the imagery. It’s just that I don’t use hairspray all that often, and it’s only one or two sprays when I do, so I had a hard time justifying spending much more than that. Stupid, I know.

Anyway, I am too cheap and too prideful to just go to the store and pick out another bottle and let this one go to waste. I have considered asking Allison if she wants the almost-full bottle, because she is not usually one to turn down something free. However, she is also not usually one who wants her hair to smell like my dad’s armpits either, so I am guessing she won’t take me up on the offer. I knew I should have just stuck with the flowery-smelling Suave that has served me so well in the past.

And these are the modern-day “issues” –not the economy or the presidential debate—that occupy my brain on a daily basis. Makes me sound smart, right? I thought so.

And as long as I’m not trying to impress you with my deep and insightful brain, I’ll go ahead and move on to the next topic: Project Runway. Could that ending have been any more predictable? Probably not. I guess Leanne deserved to win, even if her bangs are in desperate need of a cut. But in my opinion, all of her pieces looked exactly the same and she kind of over-did it with the “wave” theme. But they were certainly more appealing to the general public than Kenley’s “revenge of the 80s” line, so I will concede victory to Leanne without a fight. Now I have to find something else to look forward to on Wednesday nights while Brian’s at church—suggestions?

6 comments:

Ellen and Bill said...

Bring it to work and leave it in the bathroom. Someone will take it.

The Blogivers said...

Thanks for making me sound like I'm homeless and desperate!

The Joiners said...

You're welcome, sis :)

Angela said...

I just gave you an award! Stop by my blog to pick it up!

Kate said...

(a) my (future) mother-in-law gave me the same perfume that she wears for Christmas last year... yes, obviously that's what your son wants to smell on his fiance --> his own mother... so romantic!

(b) in an effort to beef up my new (accidental) "mom" haircut, I bought expensive hair products. I've now discovered that my hair looks better w/ the uber-cheapo Dove Anti-Frizz I bought for $2.99 at Walmart two years ago... I continue to use the $$$ hair products b/c I can't fathom throwing away $28 worth of hair care products... even though I buy retardedly expensive shoes for no good reason :)

Dad said...

Let's see...hair spray smells like "my dad's arm pits."....and hair spray = White Rain = smells like "white butt." Through the law of syllogism or allegorical cosines or something, that means your dad's arm pits smell like butt. Hmmmm.... I think I am offended.

Dad