Background template

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The most historic small town in Texas.

My apologies for the delay on the post about our weekend at Lost Pines! I know you were all on the edge of your seats with your eyes glued to your computer screen, repeatedly clicking “refresh” in hopes that the post would appear, so I hope you’ll forgive me.

The resort was really nice—there is a lot to do there, but since we had a very pregnant sister with us, we didn’t try out any of the adventurous activities. Instead we stuck to what we do best—eating, walking, and shopping. Eating and walking took place mostly at the resort (they very cruelly offered a morbid-obesity-inducing buffet at every meal, just so you know), but we actually ventured out to the town of Bastrop to do a little shopping.

I use the term “shopping” loosely, as we mostly just walked in and out of antique shops without actually buying anything… other than the two giant cookies we purchased and quickly consumed at the end of our visit into town. I found it amusing, by the way, that Bastrop’s slogan (or something) is “the most historic small town in Texas.” First of all, how do you measure how historic something is? It can’t be in age, because certainly there are other towns in Texas that have been around as long or longer than the ‘strop (as I like to call it). And it can’t be in memorable events, because certainly that’s kind of subjective. So I’m just going to have to take their word on it, I guess!

The weekend was too short, but we still had a good time and I look forward to making it an annual event, even though I haven’t run this by the rest of the Nelson ladies yet :o). For now, it’s back to reality. Boo hiss to that.

Here’s a little something that you might find amusing: I recently sent Brian a text and pretended to cuss at him (don’t worry, he knew I was kidding) by inserting a lot of random symbols (example: !#@$%). Well because my phone is a know-it-all and T-9 thinks it can read my mind, now EVERY time I try to type an exclamation mark (!) in my text messages, that whole string of scandalous looking symbols shows up with it. Example: (almost sent to Brian) “On my way home. Hope church is going well !#@$%”

Awesome. Fortunately, I think I have deleted the excess symbols enough times to where my smarty pants phone now knows that the exclamation point can (and should) stand alone. I guess God was getting back at me for my off-color sense of humor :o)

4 comments:

Kelly and Andrew said...

the message about being on your way home made me crack up!!! @#!$%&*

The Blogivers said...

That's the part that made me laugh, too! We must be sisters-in-law or something...

Angela said...

Haha! I think I'm going to have to start adding "cuss words" in my text messages to Dustin. I know he'd enjoy that!

The Armstrong Family said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time. I think it should definitely be an annual event for you Nelson girls!