Background template

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Me + October = BFF

I know, I know, you have been dying to know how I’ve been doing since my woe-is-me post about my medical concerns on Monday. Well you’ll be happy to hear that I survived my flu shot with just a sore arm and a band-aid to show for it. I really wish the band-aid was neon or had Dora the Explorer or Disney princesses on it, but apparently those designs didn’t get approved by the top dogs in corporate, so I will have to settle for my little flesh-colored circular one. And I can assure you that I will keep it on well past the point of necessity (because let’s face it, it probably stopped being necessary around 60 seconds after I received the shot, if not sooner), for at least a few more days. I will admit that keeping it on is all mental, but I would really prefer to keep the “wound” covered up just in case… well… just in case. Ok? Back off.

I thought it was amusing, by the way, that as party favors for the flu shot fest 2k8, they had little packets of Advil for you to take with you. Whatever happened to getting a cool sticker or a piece of candy as a reward? Next year, I'm going to a pediatrician for my flu shot. Now they know how to reward someone properly for enduring a needle into the arm (sorry for the visual, sis).

And as far as the acid reflux goes, I don’t feel as gross as I did on Monday, but I am still just feeling off. I feel hungry and full at the same time, and my throat is making its really embarrassing growling noises incessantly throughout the day. And let’s not forget the random painful hiccups. Or the nausea. And to answer your question, no, I am not pregnant! If any doctors or wannabe doctors happen to be reading this, please advise on how to effectively battle this condition I’ve developed. Thanks.

I watched the presidential debate (not so much because I was interested, but more so I could be in the know… is that wrong?) last night and all I have to say is this: those peeps need to go back to kindergarten and re-learn about taking turns. It was awkward enough watching them back-sass and disobey the moderator on the tv screen, so I can only imagine how awkward the “town hall” participants felt.

And something else about the debate… you know how these days they are always trying to diversify movies, text books, commercials, etc. to include different races and genders? Well that’s great and all (besides the fact that it often seems awkwardly forced), but did anyone else notice last night that almost every person in that room was a white male? How very 21st century of them. And because I am not into political banter outside of arguing with my loveable brother-in-law, I am going to end my ramblings on the debate right here.

And onto more relevant topics: Brian and I are going to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend! He just keeps bugging me about how badly he wants to go pick out the perfect pumpkin family for our front porch, and frankly, I’m tired of listening to him whine, so I agreed to go. Or maybe it didn’t happen like that… you be the judge. Regardless, we are going to make sure to get a mommy pumpkin, a daddy pumpkin, and 2 baby pumpkins (one for Noah and one for Buster, duh). But in reality, Buster and Noah will go nowhere near these pumpkins because we all know that they would eat them or otherwise destroy them in a matter of seconds. Such sweet puppies, aren’t they?

We have no intention of carving the pumpkins (or at least I don’t) because (a) it’s too messy for my liking and (b) it makes them rot faster. Plus, once you carve them, they are officially Halloween pumpkins, and therefore it is not really acceptable to leave them out past October 31st, whereas with un-carved pumpkins, you can leave them out as part of your Fall decorations well into November (until they rot). And on that note, I don’t think my parents threw out their pumpkins from last year until May. Isn’t that disturbing and impressive at the same time? They hadn’t rotted yet! How is that possible?

Well I think that’s all for today. I am pretty pumped about watching Project Runway tonight, but I have yet to find anyone else (besides my poor husband) that has been watching this season, so I won’t share my opinions and projections for the finale. Happy Wednesday, peeps!

4 comments:

The Blogivers said...

I think they threw the pumpkins away in April when I came home for a visit and judged them for still having them out... and I think the rotted remains might still be lingering on their porch.

Stacey Harrison said...

I watch Project Runway!! (I haven't watched last night's episode yet.)

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I cant get Derek to even think about getting pumpkins so I am uber jealous

tjoiner said...

I, too, am watching this season of Project Runway, and have watched the latest episode. I don't miss Jerel's designs.