Background template

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Under my Angerella-ella-ella-hey-hey-hey…

Ok here’s my thought: instead of saying something is the greatest thing since sliced bread (which I’ll admit is a staple in my life), we should start saying it’s the greatest thing since DVR. If it weren’t for the magestic DVR, I would have missed not only the 2-hour premiere of Grey’s Anatomy, but also the one-hour premiere of The Office, AND the premiere of Desperate Housewives. Yes, I admit that I am addicted to all 3. In addition to Jon & Kate Plus 8 and Project Runway. The rest of our DVR is filled up with an assortment of bad movies from the 80s and some very strange cartoons that my husband records.

So anyway, as we were out of town this weekend for Sara and Clayton’s wedding (which was beautiful, by the way), we missed a few of our favorite shows, but now we are finally caught up and back in the loop. We had a great time in Dallas and while we were excited to help send the Callens off on their honeymoon to Maine, we were sad to see them go as we enjoyed getting to spend a whole weekend hanging out with them! But such is the nature of weddings, I guess, so I suppose we’ll continue living.

Funny moment from the wedding: the DJ announced that it was time for Sara and her dad to share a dance, and the music to “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts starts playing. Sara and her dad start dancing and everyone is “aww”ing and watching them on the dance floor. And then my husband leans over to me and whispers, “Every time I hear this song, I think of ESPN.” He then went on to explain his reasoning, but I think it’s safe to say that the explanation was really irrelevant as the comment pretty much spoke for itself. In case I haven’t mentioned it before, Brian is somewhat addicted to sports :o). And this is not at all related, but I think I should also let you know that one of his favorite smells is the smell that skunks make. Every time we’re on a road trip and catch the scent in the air, he takes a deep breath as one might do when smelling freshly baked cookies or flowers. Yes, I definitely married a boy.

And speaking of road trips, I hate Houston traffic with a fiery burning passion. We spent at least 18 years sitting on Beltway 8 while trying to get out of town on Thursday, until we finally decided to exit at I-10 and make our way over to I-45 (which was a wise decision, by the way). But don’t worry, there was some kind of freakish construction that put us basically at a standstill for 30 minutes outside of Madisonville. So to sum, our normal 4-hour journey lasted a delightful 5.5 hours. Brian announced that before our next long road trip, he is going to the doctor to get me some sedatives. I think that’s probably not a bad idea.

Is anyone else really incredibly excited that tomorrow is the first day of OCTOBER?! October is my 2nd favorite month (2nd only to May, my birthday month, duh) and is my favorite time of year. I have big plans to make, er, I mean suggest to Brian that we go pick out pumpkins for our front porch this weekend. I also plan on putting out all of my Fall-ish decorations, including my candles that smell like candy corn. And I should also let you know that I made 2 impulse purchases at Walmart this weekend: a giant tub of candy corn (because why the heck not?) and a package of slice and bake ghost cookies. Neither has a specific purpose, but who cares? And besides, I have a constantly hungry significant other that will have no problem consuming both purchases.

And most importantly, we are getting a cool front tomorrow! Granted, this means that the high will be 80 instead of 88, but hey, I’m not complaining. Pretty soon I’ll be using the seat heaters on a regular basis and wearing jackets into work! And by the way, tomorrow also means we are one month closer to November (aka: the month that I can start listening to Christmas music and Brian can’t stop me!) If you can’t tell, I’m having trouble containing my excitement. Happy almost October!

5 comments:

*Kimmie* said...

Amazing tip from all the old ladies at my office: Mix candy corn with salted peanuts - tastes JUST like a PayDay when eaten together. Highly addictive no matter how strange it sounds.

Angela said...

1. The Office premier was amazing, and I'm really glad I didn't blog about what happened since you hadn't seen it!

2. I hate traffic. I get very, very anxious and antsy when I have to sit still in the car for too long.

3. I am very excited that it is October tomorrow because it means that we are that much closer to the holidays! The end of November through December is my favorite time of year. I love it when it gets to the time of year when I can wear a light jacket or a sweater every day!

The Blogivers said...

If you loved me, you would bring me some candy corn to make me feel better :(

Angela said...

I tagged you to post six unspectacular quirks about yourself. :)

Kelly and Andrew said...

this makes me want to go on a roadtrip with you guys. andrew's mind may explode with the both of us in the car!!