Background template

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I think I have frost bite

“McDonald’s, McDonald’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut.” Does anyone remember that song? We learned it in elementary school, but I really have no idea why. I’m sure now they teach the kids songs about tofu and avoiding trans-fat in the food you eat. Oh, to return to the good old days…

Guess what. I don’t have ANYTHING to report about the Olympics today! I didn’t watch them at all yesterday (that has to be some kind of record), so I’ll save any commentary for future posts. I also didn’t watch the premier of The Hills last night, so please don’t let me know what happened. As with all episodes of The Hills, I’m sure it was life-changing and monumental. And that Spencer acted like an idiot.

It’s cloudy and rainy outside, and when you combine that with the fact that my office thermostat is currently set at “Arctic Tundra,” I have tricked myself into believing that the summer has gone and Fall is just around the corner. I know the weather is just playing a cruel trick on me, however, and that our fiery inferno temperatures will continue until the end of the summer (aka: December). I hate to be so cliché and blog about the weather, but if I’m not talking about the Olympics, I have to fit in somehow.

Brian has decided to take this week off from work and my bet is that he is currently either curled up on the couch (messing up the arrangement of the decorative pillows, no doubt) watching a really lame movie on tv OR he is playing video games. And even though neither of those activities sounds particularly appealing to me right now, I am admittedly jealous. If I was at home for the week, I would obviously be participating in more sophisticated activities, like watching all 4 hours of the Today Show, or playing Typer Shark on yahoogames.

And because I don’t have much else to talk about, I will leave you with this article. Maybe it’s my hormones, but I think it might be one of the most depressing things I’ve ever read!

2 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

We sang that song in middle school choir to get "warmed up"

Kelly and Andrew said...

i was singing that song the other day!