Background template

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yep, I'm that girl.

So in case you were wondering, I managed to survive the weekend of weddings without a date. But let me tell you, it was tough! I quickly became painfully aware of just how needy marriage has made me when the thought of having to go get myself a drink (rather than have Brian get it for me) paralyzed me with fear. Allison and Wade (among a few other couples) were kind enough to babysit me and make sure I didn’t have to stand in line alone at the buffet, or worse, hang out alone on the dance floor.

A good time was had at both weddings, and it was fun to visit with high school friends and stuff my face full of food. The second wedding even included macaroni martinis, which were exactly what you would think—martini glasses full of macaroni and cheese with a variety of available toppings. I think I could eat one every day for the rest of my life and be happy. And morbidly obese.

For those of you that were wondering, I only attempted to get in one round of the WHS Fight Song, and quickly stopped when I realized no one else was participating. And such is my life. I also discovered another very embarrassing habit that I have—talking about facebook. I honestly don’t think I went 5 minutes without including some variation of the phrase, “Oh, I saw that on facebook!”

Someone would be telling me about a recent vacation, a friend that got married, or what kind of cake they served at their child’s birthday party, and I simply could not help but inform them that I had, in fact, seen all the pictures and read about it on my news feed. I wanted very badly to just seem like I was “in the know,” when instead, I just made it very clear that my mini-feed is the only thing that keeps me in the loop. Fortunately, I noticed that I was not the only one mentioning the “f-word” in all of my conversations, so I felt like a little less of a stalker.

So basically, I spent the whole weekend trying to downplay my pathetic co-dependence on my husband and covering my mouth with my hand in order to avoid talking about recently updated profiles and who wrote on whose wall. I have a feeling I was really fun to be around.

But not to worry, Brian has (temporarily) returned home, so maybe I will stop being such a loser. But then again, he is going back out of town this weekend, so I’m sure I will regress in no time after his departure :o)

4 comments:

The Olivers said...

I was totally thinking you were such a loser the whole time we were hanging out!

Katie Ruback said...

Thanks for the comment Amanda! Feel free to link to our blog..once I figure out how - or Dave tells me : ) I will do the same if that's ok! I hope our life is interesting enough to have a blog! I like keeping up with you and Brian this way.

Beth said...

Hey there may be a trip to Old Town Spring this weekend if you need to be entertained...

The Armstrong Family said...

You are such a trooper to go solo this weekend. It sounds like y'all had a great time and I am so glad that Brian is back, even for a short time!