Background template

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh, to be young again

So Brian left town again this morning. He’ll be gone through Saturday evening, so I have a few days ahead of me where I have to be a big girl again. As if to initiate me into my 4-day stint of functioning without Brian’s help, a cockroach came eye-to-eye with me literally inches from my face this morning as I was locking the front door on my way out to work. I just looked down, tried not to panic or make any sudden movements, turned the lock calmly, and then ran like h-e-double hockey sticks to my car. If only these creatures knew the power they had over me... I'm sure they would attempt world domination.

Before Brian left, he apparently thought it appropriate to pass his freakish summer cold along to me. So I tossed and turned last night battling a sore throat and a consistent rotation of a stuffy/runny nose. Needless to say, getting out of bed at 5:15 am this morning to get ready for work was not enjoyable. I am now counting down the minutes (58 to be exact) until I can go to CVS at my lunch break and buy some cold medicine. Not the most exciting activity, but at least it's a change of scenery!

And because my cold has turned my brain to mush and I consequently can’t think of anything better to blog about, I am now going to make a list of foods that I used to eat on a semi-regular basis as a kid. Enjoy, and feel free to list some of your favorite foods from the past as well:

- Mootown Snackers cheese strings (and yes, I call them cheese strings and not string cheese)
- Fruit roll-ups
- Fruit-by-the-foots
- Big League chewing gum
- Ring pops
- Fun dip
- Kool-aid Bursts (these were so coveted at our household that Allison and I would hide them from my thief of a brother and label them post-it notes)
- Cheetoh puffs
- Smartfood white cheddar cheese popcorn
- Chewy granola bars (I guess I can’t really call this a food from the past since I still eat one every single day)

After reading this list, I am kind of amazed that I haven’t turned out to be morbidly obese. Guess there’s still time! (And PS, right after I typed that, I turned around and grabbed a handful of Skittles.)

6 comments:

Angela said...

Things my mom didn't buy for us as kids that I now eat on a regular basis:
1. Bagel Bites
2. Lunchables
3. Fish sticks

The Olivers said...

You forgot Little Debbie Nutty Bars! Haha don't worry, your secret is safe with me...

The Joiners said...

I'll admit it, I ate a whole box by myself in a week's worth of time! I am probably still working to burn it off...

Beth said...

I liked swiss cake rolls and nutter butters.

I have a sore throat. I think you gave it to me. I've been trying to find the source.

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

what about gushers?

I once tried to eat a whole package of big league chew at once (in college) and it made me gag so bad I actually threw up. Talk about over-indulging!

DSneezy said...

mmm... Otter Pops and Lucky Charms. And those Oatmeal Cream Pies... props to Little Debbie.