Background template

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I blame my hormones.

I just saw the new SPCA commercial with Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" playing in the background and I actually cried a little bit. I was hanging on ok with the flashing pictures of the sweet adopted animals until I heard the words, "Thousands of animals were rescued last year... but for many, it was too late..." And then they showed this tiny little pup with only one eye and then this sad old dog that had to be on the verge of death and OH MY GOSH- WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO ME?! I JUST WANTED TO WATCH "FATHER OF THE BRIDE 2" AND GO TO BED PEACEFULLY AND NOW I AM SPINNING INTO A DEEP DEPRESSION FOR ALL THE DYING ANIMALS IN THE WORLD.

Please tell me my reaction is perfectly rational.

8 comments:

The Olivers said...

Sad, the one-eyed dog is making me teary just thinking about it :(

Brittany said...

completely normal - I actually had the exact same reaction a few days ago. The guilt trip lasted several days. We each already have two - I think the Olivers should adopt one of them.

Kristen said...

It is sooooooooooo sad. It makes me cry. Did you see the Oprah episode on the puppy mills...it made me want to adopt all the dogs in the world! :( Bryan won't let me get another dog though....I want them all though! Dinner soon!

Ellen and Bill said...

Amanda, We have 15 cats that we have rescued and Bill is always wanting more. I wish we had a barn or something that we could do that. You are perfectly normal. I spend half my life at the vet getting shots and making sure everyone is ok. In fact, I am going this morning to get the last one spayed. We even feed all the strays in the neighborhood.

Ellen and Bill said...

Amanda, We feed the raccoons, the opossums, deer, squirrels, birds, stray cats. And they are BILL'S cats! So that is every scarier.

DSneezy said...

I've totally cried at that commercial. Seriously. You are definitely normal, just like the Father's Day pooch presents.

Angela said...

yeah, I've definitely cried during that commercial! I make sure I turn the channel when that commercial comes on.

Kelly and Andrew said...

i change the channel every time that commercial comes on... and it is about 10 minutes long.