Background template

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roaches are the root of all evil.

You might have a hard time believing this, but last night as I was crawling into the bath tub, I spotted another larger-than-life cockroach in the bathroom. He was just as large, just as intrusive, just as disgusting, but thankfully, he was already dead. Again, Brian swooped in to save the day by picking up the roach with some toilet paper and flushing it down the toilet. And again, I spent the next few trips to the potty fearing that the cockroach would crawl up my butt.

I seriously don’t know what I ever did without a husband, by the way. I guess in my younger days I had Allison, who I attempted to recruit as my lifetime indentured servant until Wade had to come along and steal her away. I was fully planning on her being my live-in maid/nanny, but I guess I’ll have to set my sights on another dream.

Anyway, I ask Brian to do so many things for me that sometimes when I get in bed at night, I wonder how I ever functioned before we got married. He fills up my Nalgene bottle before bed, he kills the bugs, he brings me my towel when I’ve forgotten to put it on the hook next to the shower, he makes the bed in the morning (please note that this is entirely by force because he has seen me cry—yes, cry—on more than one occasion when he forgot to make it), and he sometimes even goes to the grocery store all by himself to do our grocery shopping. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of things that I do on my own, but it sure is nice having such a handsome helper around! If you don’t have a husband, I highly recommend getting one :o)

Is anyone else really incredibly excited to have a holiday on Monday? I am having trouble focusing on anything else. Except on the Grey’s Anatomy season finale on Thursday. And speaking of finales, did anyone else appreciate the finale of The Office last week? Brian and I couldn’t stop laughing, especially at the whole part about Dwight convincing the new girl that Kevin was retarded. That show is truly amazing.

Feliz martes, mis amigos!

3 comments:

brian joiner said...

you are a very nice wife to write those sweet things about me :)

slc newlyweds said...

If you will pay me enough, I might still consider the servant thing...

Lorne said...

I agree. The season finale of The Office was pure genius.