Background template

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Please pardon my sudden case of blog rage.

Ok so if you will kindly refer to the comment on my last post from “Bob,” you will see why my blood is boiling a little bit. Actually, you won’t see because “Bob” deleted the first comment that he left. The only difference, however, between the second one (that you can read) and the first (that he deleted), is that in the first, he addressed me as, “FratBoy Investor.” Very mature.

So I have a few things to say about this comment:

1. If this comment was made by a reader attempting to make a joke, your joke was not amusing. Instead, your joke served to put me in a foul mood while I ate my bowl of raisin bran this morning. So if you plan to make any further un-funny comments on my blog, please change your plans.

2. If this comment was for real, I fully intend to get a hold of “Bob” (the alleged VP of Turbo Tax) and let him have a piece of my mind.

3. I think it was fairly obvious that above all, my frustration was not that our checks wouldn’t be directly deposited, but rather that Turbo Tax did not notify us of this. And I have a hard time believing that notifying customers who are required to enter an e-mail address when registering would be such a difficult task.

So if you were the one that (a) played this joke or if you (b) happen to be Bob, please feel free to comment again so I can tell you how I really feel.

11 comments:

slc newlyweds said...

Haha, wow. I think if "Bob" was really the VP of TurboTax, he should not have enough free time to peruse people's blogs, looking for angry comments about his company... if "Bob" is a fake, that is pretty lame.

Angela said...

Yeah, Bob! Get a life!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Can't you "track" people that read your blog?
Kari

The Joiners said...

Probably, but I'm not really sure how? I went to his blog (his named was linked to it) but it doesn't have any of his info and hasn't been updated since 2005.

Angela said...

I love how you actually left a comment on his blog asking if he was for real!

Angela said...

I'm right there with you about the video games! I am so not good at them it's not even funny. But I actually like Mario Kart and I feel like I'm slowly but surely gaining some skills.
As for Iron Man...yes, you will totally like it if you liked Transformers or X-Men or any of those types of movies. It's action enough that boys like it and good story/plot enough that girls like it, too!
I also love that you are so faithful to read my blog! I don't have any other readers or friends who do that often!

Risa said...

My real name is Bob and it was me who posted yesterday...did you not realize that? I thought all that finance knowledge would have been an obvious clue, seeing how I mastered all things finance in college. Oh, and being GNV...duh!

The Joiners said...

A big thank you to JENNI (refer to comment on the last post) for finding Bob's real blog on amazon.com! Go here to see it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/A3OCVWHV411C0A

Don't worry, I already left a nice little note on his letting him know I wasn't such a fan of his commenting. The mystery is solved... for now!

Britt said...

Bob doesn't know who he's messing with! You go, Mrs. Joiner! :)

dbaucom said...

I was really hoping the previous 9 comments were an exchange between you and Bob. I was looking for some entertainment tonight; that would have been fun to read.

Angela said...

Not to beat a dead horse or anything...but now I'm thinking that my hubby and I will also be affected by this TurboTax mess. I think that they really should have at least sent an e-mail or something saying "WARNING!! Don't plan on getting that money on the date you were told!" I looked on their website to find a number to call to see when we would get our money, and it says their call center is unavailable. The only thing you can do is talk to TINA - the automated computer response thing.
So, how many people do you think will use TurboTax again next year?