Background template

Friday, May 9, 2008

Oh rebate check, where are youuuuuuuuuuuu?

Is anyone else sweating a little bit? According to the chart that I posted previously, Brian’s and my rebate check should be deposited to our account by May 9. Oh wait, today IS May 9… and still no check in sight. I know I shouldn’t be worried (yet), and that it will probably just happen later today, but in the back of my mind, I still have this tiny voice saying, “What if the government lied and they aren’t planning on giving you a rebate check after all?!”

And you know what my response is to that little voice? “Shove it.” Idealistic (translation: impatient) newlyweds that we are, we wisely decided to go ahead and spend our rebate money before it even got here. The waiting was just more than we could handle, and Brian is pretty firmly convinced that our lives will instantly be transformed for the better once we have a large-and-in-charge flat screen tv taking up space in our tv room. And who can blame him? I, too, feel that it’s important that McDreamy’s head is as large as possible on that screen, so that when I aim to throw my shoe at the tv in a rage against his love affair with the dumb nurse, Rose, I won’t have to try so hard to hit such a small target.

In townie news, our good friends Lauren & Drew are coming in town tomorrow with their loveable pup, Cali. We have big plans to go out to lunch and socialize while Cali, Noah, and Buster romp around our backyard together. I am just crossing my fingers that tiny little Buster doesn’t get squashed or eaten in the midst of the chaos. I’m not too worried, though, because he’s a pretty feisty little fellow. Anyway, we are debating between taking Lauren & Drew to Sandy McGee’s or Another Time Soda Fountain & Café. Thoughts?

Not sure what the afternoon will include post-lunch, but I can almost guarantee you that it will at some point end up with Drew and Brian planted firmly in front of the Wii. Did I mention that (in addition to Guitar Hero 3, mind you), Brian used his birthday gift card to Best Buy to purchase another video game? Gotta love that eternal teenager that I married, right? But seriously, I love you, B-ri :o)

And speaking of Brian, he will be making a debut in today’s Richmond fun fact. I recently read an article online listing the world’s most stylish cities, and jokingly forwarded the article to some family members asking why Richmond hadn’t made the list. Well in response, here is what Brian sent me:


(just click on the picture to make it bigger)

4 comments:

Brian Joiner said...

two things
1. thanks for the shout out and posting my t-shirt design
2. please don't throw anything at the new tv no matter how mad you get :)

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I too have been wondering if it was just a horrible and evil rumor about the checks... and Im not even due to recieve mine until the 16th... I still check daily, just in case =)

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I too have been wondering if it was just a horrible and evil rumor about the checks... and Im not even due to recieve mine until the 16th... I still check daily, just in case =)

Chris said...

Don't worry we got our direct deposit