Background template

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long time, no talk

Eek it has been quite a while since I last blogged… but don’t worry, I’m back in action. We had a fun Memorial Day weekend in Austin and Tuesday morning rolled around way too quickly in my opinion. My only solace in coming back to work yesterday was that I was/am one day closer to my birthday- hooray! Yes, that’s right, on Saturday my twin sissy and I will officially be 25 years old… or young, depending on how you want to look at it. I have no idea what the plans for the day are, as my hubby is keeping them top secret, but I am excited nonetheless because in my book, birthdays are equivalent to national holidays.

Anyway, back to last weekend. We ate out with the fam a lot, as is typically the case when we go home to Austin. I usually attempt to eat as healthily as possible in the days leading up to a trip home in anticipation of the food-fest that will inevitably ensue, but it never prepares me adequately. I always leave at the end of the weekend feeling morbidly obese and vowing never to eat again. That usually lasts for about 2 hours. So anyway, on Saturday night we had birthday dinner for me and for Emma (who turned 3 on Friday). She was a little bit sleepy (and therefore a little bit grumpy) but we still had a good time, primarily because she had a new My Little Pony AND Brian’s duck imitations to keep her occupied. On Sunday we went to Chrissy (high school friend) and John’s wedding which was a-mazing to say the very least. Here are 3 pics from the wedding for your viewing pleasure… one of the bride and groom, one of me with the bride, and one of me with Brian. Fun times.


We headed back home on Monday and now here we are. I don’t have much else exciting to report except that Noah somehow broke out of the fence again last night. Thankfully his plan was foiled this time, as I heard his collar rattling in the front yard (which would be unusual being that he stays in the backyard) and quickly went out back to check out the scene. When I discovered that Buster was alone in the backyard (and not participating in a questionably gay wrestling match with his brother as he usually is), I ran into the house and yelled to Brian that Noah had escaped. He shot out of the front door only to find Noah frolicking harmlessly within feet of our front door. Not sure why he decided to stay close to home rather than run away like last time, but we are just thankful that we didn’t have to spend the evening searching for him. Each day I grow more and more convinced that having dogs is preparing us for having children… children that dig holes all over the yard and try to break out of the house on a semi-regular basis.

Ok so blogs that just include updates on my life are boring, so I’m going to end this one now. Hopefully tomorrow or later tonight I can blog about something more interesting, like perhaps a response to my sissy’s most recent post!

No comments: