Background template

Thursday, April 24, 2008

TV Overload

So was anyone else shocked by American Idol last night? I gasped audibly and screamed, “No way!” at the TV screen when they revealed that Carly— and not Aggie, Jason Castro— was in the bottom two. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that Jason is sticking around, but after his performance on Tuesday night, I was surprised to say the least.

I am also only slightly embarrassed to report that Brian and I spent the hour prior to Idol watching an episode of Wife Swap. I don’t know why, but I just really enjoy watching that show. It’s sort of like a car crash, really… you know you shouldn’t watch, but you just can’t help it. Last night’s episode was full of the predictable drama that arises when one outspoken (and typically overweight) free-spirited wife/mother trades houses with a soft-spoken (but still very controlling) Amish-wannabe wife/mother. Insults were hurled, lessons were learned, and a good time was had by all… except for the hateful husbands who despised every second of it.

Tonight will undoubtedly be one of the greatest nights ever because Grey’s Anatomy is returning after a loooooooooong break. AND The Office is on. AND I get to watch fellow WHS class of 2001 grad, Alexis, compete on Survivor. Oh yeah, and Brian is excited that Lost is back on, but because I am convinced that that show was only created to confuse and frustrate the spouses of its regular viewers, I am not having trouble sharing in his enthusiasm. Nonetheless, you can probably guess that our DVR will be put to good use tonight, especially because we are starting off the evening by eating dinner with my grandparents (and therefore will not be planted firmly in front of the TV until later than usual).

Enough about TV, let’s talk about Houston news: several people were murdered senselessly (on varying occasions and location) and their respective killers haven’t been caught. There, now you are pretty much caught up on all the happenings in Harris county and its surrounding areas.

OH and how could I possibly forget this great news? Our wedding album arrived in the mail yesterday! 9 months later, it is fun to re-live the big day, and the album is a great way to do so. We did not spend money on it just to have it sit on our coffee table at home, so here is your official invitation to come visit us so you can look at it. And if you are really lucky, we may even let you watch the DVD of the wedding as well. And the slideshow from our Rehearsal Dinner. And the DVD of our wedding website. And the scrapbook I made from our wedding showers. And the photo album that displays all the pictures that other people took at the wedding. And then you’ll never want to come visit us again.

4 comments:

Anne B said...

Dylan shares your sentiments regarding Lost. I love the show, and he missed a season and has tried to start watching it again. Since I forbid him from talking during the show, he has no idea what is going on. Hence the name, LOST.

shannon said...

i am officially accepting your invitation to come visit..not that i wouldn't be there soon anyways :)

BeckyRos said...

I chose to watch Grey's although it was a hard decision because the office is also a favorite. A DVR would be a nice investment.

Josh and Jamie said...

I am okay with that and am glad it is out in the open that we stalk each other.