Background template

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Never have I ever

So guess what. I have never ordered an item off of the “specials” menu in my life. Never. Not once! Is that weird? And something else, I have a really hard time typing out the phrase “guess what.” It sounds like a question, but it’s actually a command. A challenge, if you will. So therefore, it is supposed to end in a period. But every time I write it out, I am tempted to use poetic license and put down a question mark. However, being the grammar stickler that I am, I realize that such a move puts me at high risk of having comments written on my blog like, “I can’t believe YOU made a grammatical error! Loser!” (No one would actually call me a loser, but it would be implied…)

Anyway, here are a few other things that I have never done that you might find amusing (or strange):

1. I have never intentionally burped. I don’t know how. Seriously. Occasionally (once a month, maybe?) one will slip out on its own, but never on command. Instead, my throat just kind of growls all the time when I’m full. It’s pretty entertaining, actually.

2. I have never eaten a pickle. Any of my co-workers that are reading this are probably giggling in their cubicles right now because this topic has come up more than once in conversation recently. After polling almost everyone in my department, I learned that I am the only one that does not like pickles. I am disgusted by the sight and smell of them, so there is no way that I am going to take a bite out of one. They look like warty, moldy hot dog wieners, and in case you didn’t catch my drift, that image does not appeal to me.

3. I have never consumed a cup of coffee, or taken a sip of one for that matter. Even when I go to Starbucks, I order a vanilla bean frap (which contains no coffee).

4. I have never been skiing! No need to elaborate here, I just haven’t.

5. I have never dyed my hair. It has been dark brown since the day I was born!

6. I have never used a lawn mower. I guess my snobby Westlake roots are what prevented me from thinking this was weird, but once I admitted this to a group of girls at my last job, everyone looked at me in shock. I’m pretty sure I could figure out how one works- it doesn’t look that complicated- but then again, that’s what husbands are for. :)

That’s all for now, but if I come up with any others, you will be the first to know, my faithful readers!

7 comments:

slc newlyweds said...

I'm with you on 2, 5, and 6 - but you're on your own otherwise. Sorry sis.

Wade said...

Your blog spurred a marital dispute: I can't believe you girls have never tried a pickle! It's like never trying ketchup or ever having lettuce (has Brian ever had lettuce?). You obviously didn't have a childhood.

Good job on not dying your hair though.

Sean, Stephanie and Hattie said...

No coffee? No pickles? Those are both consumed in large quantities at my house on a daily basis.

I'm with you on the burping and the never been skiing, though.

Chris said...

No burping, pickles, coffee, skiing, never dying your hair and never using a lawn mower? Really I find that to be crazy...oh wait Brittany has never done any of that either..except for the skiing if you want to call it that

slc newlyweds said...

Yeah, I'm not sure that you can call what Brittany did "skiing" :)

Jared E Wright said...

i like the list...very funny. -jared (friend of the rosenthals)

The Joiners said...

Ha ha I'm glad you (friend of Rosenthals) enjoyed the list! And I'm glad that some of you could relate with at least SOME of the things on my list (mostly Brittany, it sounds like). And Wade, YOU are the one that didn't have a childhood... you probably sat around trying to formulate new equations or playing with microscopes. Nerd! :)