Background template

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Happy April Fool’s Day! I am always a fan of the first day of the month because it is a chance to start fresh… we get to start a new tab on our budget spreadsheet, we are one month closer to May (which happens to be my favorite month of the year for very obvious reasons), I get to flip the page in my work calendar, and of course, it provides the opportunity for me to say “rabbit rabbit” when I first wake up in hopes of having good luck for the month. I can thank Nickelodeon for instilling the importance of that last tradition in me.

Unfortunately, today is a different kind of beginning for our little pup, Buster. Unbeknownst to the poor little guy, he is going to the vet to be neutered today. I guess it’s a good thing that he is not aware of what awaits him, because I doubt he would have been as willing to get in Brian’s truck this morning if so. They also decided they are going to pull 2 of his baby teeth while he’s in there… talk about adding insult to injury. I feel like I should make him a card or something, but (a) what would you write on such a card? and (b) he can’t read. Bummer.

On a lighter note, I re-discovered my love of dodge ball this weekend, and simultaneously discovered what a crotchety old woman I am already at age 24. Who stays sore for 48 hours following a 30-minute game of dodge ball? Yes, me. Brian needed an adult volunteer at youth group on Sunday, and considering that I have no life, of course I was available to help out. Well apparently the favorite activity with the high schoolers is dodge ball, and I gladly joined in. I just didn’t realize how little I use the muscles required to hurl objects at people, and the ones used when attempting to avoid having the same thing done to yourself. Oh, to be young again…

No comments: